Unused Product Images

Il y a 1 semaine
Hello,
We have been using Nopcommerce for almost 10 years now at a guess and have a site with over 15,000 products loaded. The problem we have is over the past decade our images/thumbs folder has grown to over 5gb and contains half a million images which many are unused images and need deleting.
Does anyone know how I can do this? I have read on the forums that you can simply delete contents of the /images/thumbs folder and new images will be created "on the fly".
I did try this with one product and all the images were permanently deleted for this product. Our site is https://www.simplydoorhandles.co.uk/
Any advice is welcome.
Il y a 1 semaine
yes. delete  /images/thumbs folder.
all the thumbs will be generated automatically.
//Rashed
Il y a 1 semaine
Hello Rashed,
Thank you for your reply. I have tried this again with one product and the uploaded product image in admin when editing the product disappeared and a broken image link was displayed.
The thumbs and main page images were recreated however when you hover over the product image to zoom the image it was not be loaded and a message was displayed "The image could no be loaded".
I did clear the cache but the error was the same.
We do have a theme plugin and also an image optimisation plugin (all front end images are .avif), is this causing this problem?
To be clear, I did not delete any images from the ../images/ folder, only the ../images/thumbs/ folder.
Many thanks,
Il y a 1 semaine
What version of nopCommerce  ?
Depends on the setting in Media Settings
Are pictures store in Database of File System ?
If file system yes deleteing means they are permanatly deleted
If database then they are exported when accessed
Il y a 1 semaine
Hello Yidna,
All images are stored in the file system not the database.
Our /wwwroot/images/ folder contains images images stored as numerical names e.g 0000814_0.jpg but the thumbs folder has the product name e.g. 0000814_contract-victorian-scroll-wc-bathroom-handle-pr023sc.jpg If I delete this file, it is deleted from the product page in admin.
Many thanks,
James
Il y a 1 semaine
Sorry the version is nopCommerce version 4.60.5
Many thanks,
James
Il y a 1 semaine
Hi there,
I think I may have a solution, I have enabled multiple thumb directories by setting mediasettings.multiplethumbdirectories to "True". Now all the images are stored in sub folders images/thumbs/001/ etc.
Does any one know if the images stored in the folder ../wwwroot/images/thumbs/* are now obsolete?
Many thnaks,
James