Shipping and uploading site

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 年 前
Hi Everyone,

I have never set up a website before and a friend of mine pointed me in the direction of nop commerce.

I have made the site and now want to upload it but dont know if this is necessary as i have pointed my hosting to the ip address (hosting is with namesco) or do i need to upload as well as I cant see any section to do that in the admin section.

Also it doesnt seem to matter what i do i cant get the shipping section to work properly. I've looked at various forums for the answer and checked all the things they've suggested but it doesnt seem to work.

the settings I'm using are..........

Shipping settings

Free shipping over 'X': unticked

Estimate shipping enabled:  unticked

Shipping Methods

I've created 3 shipping methods

U.S.A / Canada / International
Europe
U.K

And ticked all the countries that i want to post to with the appropriate shipping method

Shipping Rate Computation Methods

Shipping By Order Weight

Edit shipping rate computation method

Configuration

Limit shipping methods to configured ones: ticked

Shipping Method                          From(lbs)        To(lbs)     use percentage    Charge amont per (lbs)

U.S.A / Canada / International           0                99999         unticked                       11.95
Europe                                             0                99999         unticked                       9.95
U.K                                                  0                99999         unticked                       4.95

I've checked that favourite customers dont qualify for free shipping, restarted my computer, deleted the whole thing and started again, checked I've not ticked disregard shipping for this item, I even increased the amount that free shipping amount was in all settings even though its not ticked in any of the products or shipping section.

If anyone has any suggestions I'm really stuck on this one.

Thanks,

Maz.x
12 年 前
scuf maz wrote:

Europe
U.K

And ticked all the countries that i want to post to with the appropriate shipping method

Pay atention to the following:
When you assign a shipping method to countries you have to ticket those which will be restricted and the country for which you want to use the method should NOT be ticked (I do not now why is so, to be honest). So, for instance, in your shipping method to UK ALL countries BUT UK should be ticked

Sorry but I do not have experience to answer your first question.
12 年 前
eadameg wrote:

Europe
U.K

Pay atention to the following:
When you assign a shipping method to countries you have to ticket those which will be restricted and the country for which you want to use the method should NOT be ticked (I do not now why is so, to be honest). So, for instance, in your shipping method to UK ALL countries BUT UK should be ticked

Sorry but I do not have experience to answer your first question.

Thank you, i have updated my shipping methods and now it does select the correct shipping method but it still shows as zero? I'm so stuck on this its the only bit I've really struggled with. the site uploaded ok with the hosting pointing to the ip address.

Thanks,

Maz :)
12 年 前
Just to make sure:
1) Is Shipping By Order Weight declared as "active"  and the other computation methods not-active?
2) See what happens if you ticket Estimate shipping enabled:
12 年 前
Hi,

I selected estimated shipping enabled and checked that only ship by weight was active but it still shows as 0 :(

dont know what else to try now is there any help lines to ring thatyou know of at all?

Thanks for all your help,

Maz.
12 年 前
scuf maz wrote:
Hi,

I selected estimated shipping enabled and checked that only ship by weight was active but it still shows as 0 :(

dont know what else to try now is there any help lines to ring thatyou know of at all?

Thanks for all your help,

Maz.

Here are some more ideas:
1) Make sure that in your products/variants you have set the right paramenters :
Shipping enabled:    X
Free shipping:    NO
Additional shipping charge:     [USD]  
Weight:     [lb(s)]  
Length:     [inch(es)]  
Width:     [inch(es)]  
Height:     [inch(es)]  

2) Check if yu only have one shipping method (i.e. UK) you get any positive results

3) Creat just one shipping method and then change computation method to Shipping By Country & Order Weight (but it will be rather complicated)
4) Check: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/2196/shipping-cost-by-weight-brackets.aspx

There are many threads abour shipping but I don't know any that talks about your problem. Try to google with site:nopcommerce.com
12 年 前
Hiya,

thanks for all your help.

I have resolved this issue now.

there were 2 ways i could of fixed it.

either to assign weights to all my products ( which i had forgot to do )

or

change to fixed shipping instead and assign the values for the shipping in there.

thanks,

Maz. :)
12 年 前
Welcome!!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.