Understanding the NopCommerce Code - Where should I start?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 年 前
Hi All,

I'd like to familiarize myself with NopCommerce's code base and I mean starting from the core all the way up to the UI.  I'm slowly learning how the code is structured and the various namespaces but in order for me to wrap my head around the whole solution and how everything ties in together, I need to know where everything starts.  

So, what function would you recommend looking into as the starting point so I can trace the code from there on?  And for each request, what are the functions being executed prior to a page loading?

Since there's no development document out yet, any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Bobby
12 年 前
bpejman wrote:
Hi All,

I'd like to familiarize myself with NopCommerce's code base and I mean starting from the core all the way up to the UI.  I'm slowly learning how the code is structured and the various namespaces but in order for me to wrap my head around the whole solution and how everything ties in together, I need to know where everything starts.  

So, what function would you recommend looking into as the starting point so I can trace the code from there on?  And for each request, what are the functions being executed prior to a page loading?

Since there's no development document out yet, any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Bobby

Bobby,

Tough question because the application doesn't start from one function. The best way to learn the nopCommerce code is to answer other members questions. Once you've found a good question on the forum dig into the code and try to answer it for the user.

In addition to answering other users questions you could review the unit tests to figure out how the components work individually.

I've started writing posts about different capabilities in the nopCommerce platform. You can review them for further information.

http://blog.csharpwebdeveloper.com/

Good Luck!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.