Development with a shared database

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 年 前
How can we develop on two separate machines using a shared database? When I first ran the project from my machine I deployed the DB to a server on our network. I then checked my project into TFS so a co worker could check it out. It builds fine on his machine but takes him to the install page when he runs it. How can he use the existing DB I already have setup? We are using version 2.2.
12 年 前
I figured it out. Just needed to add that settings.txt file.
12 年 前
dunger wrote:
How can we develop on two separate machines using a shared database? When I first ran the project from my machine I deployed the DB to a server on our network. I then checked my project into TFS so a co worker could check it out. It builds fine on his machine but takes him to the install page when he runs it. How can he use the existing DB I already have setup? We are using version 2.2.

You need to check in 2 additional files in the Nop.Web\App_Data folder.

*Settings.txt
*InstalledPlugins.txt

Once you've checked those in have your partner get latest from TFS and then rebuild and run.
12 年 前
I was too slow. Glad you got it figured out.
12 年 前
Thanks for the reply.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.