need help with upgrade from 1.90 to 2.0

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 年 前
been having trouble for 3 weeks now and its a consistent problem and i cant find the answer.

The error message is this

Setup failed: System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.DbUpdateException: An error occurred while updating the entries. See the inner exception for details. ---> System.Data.UpdateException: An error occurred while updating the entries. See the inner exception for details. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'Rtl', table 'giftforacoach.dbo.Language'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. The statement has been terminated. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning() at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Mapping.Update.Internal.DynamicUpdateCommand.Execute(UpdateTranslator translator, EntityConnection connection, Dictionary`2 identifierValues, List`1 generatedValues) at System.Data.Mapping.Update.Internal.UpdateTranslator.Update(IEntityStateManager stateManager, IEntityAdapter adapter) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Data.Mapping.Update.Internal.UpdateTranslator.Update(IEntityStateManager stateManager, IEntityAdapter adapter) at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityAdapter.Update(IEntityStateManager entityCache) at System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext.SaveChanges(SaveOptions options) at System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.SaveChanges() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.SaveChanges() at System.Data.Entity.Internal.LazyInternalContext.SaveChanges() at System.Data.Entity.DbContext.SaveChanges() at Nop.Data.EfRepository`1.Insert(T entity) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\nop 2.0\Libraries\Nop.Data\EfRepository.cs:line 37 at Nop.Services.Installation.InstallationService.InstallLanguagesAndResources() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\nop 2.0\Libraries\Nop.Services\Installation\InstallationService.cs:line 443 at Nop.Services.Installation.InstallationService.InstallData(String defaultUserEmail, String defaultUserPassword, Boolean installSampleData) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\nop 2.0\Libraries\Nop.Services\Installation\InstallationService.cs:line 9049 at Nop.Web.Controllers.InstallController.Index(InstallModel model) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\nop 2.0\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\InstallController.cs:line 378

I accidently went over the local version i  had of the working website and have a database back up but nothing is coming back up. the above messsage is what i get when i try to upgrade from 1.90 to 2.0

Dearly would love some help here. The uploaded website is fine its the version on the local installation that i am having trouble with.

If i work out what the problem with the local version is i then should be able to upgrade the web version.

Thanks in advance.
12 年 前
Hi, You have to install the following updates.

Visual Studio Web Developer Express SP1 prerequisites
ASP.NET MVC 3 Tools Update
SQL Server Compact 4.0 (runtime + tools support)
If you're using Visual Studio 2010 instead of Visual Web Developer 2010,
you have to install the prerequisites : Visual Studio 2010 prerequisites.

http://www.microsoft.com/web/gallery/install.aspx?appid=VWD2010SP1Pack
http://www.microsoft.com/web/gallery/install.aspx?appsxml=&appid=MVC3
12 年 前
thanks for the tip I will see how i go

i followed the instructions for the update and installed the source code version for ver 2.00 over the database. that worked fine no errors and then made a backup of the database.  I then applied the upgrade script and all seemed fine  until i went to open the the solution in visual web developer 2010.

I will keep you posted.

does the upgrade work if i have taken out parts of the database?  for example i have taken out all the weights and measurments that dont apply here in australia. I have also taken out most of the countries as well.
11 年 前
still having no luck with upgrading

could it be that i have taken some stuff out of the database that i dont need such as certain countries i dont post to and removed the pounds and ounces references?? they dont apply here in australia.

still getting above message.

any help would be greatly appreciated
11 年 前
almost solved.

how can you get into the admin when it wont let you in when you do username and password.

It finally upgraded correctly must have been because i was still connected to it. still cant work out what i did.

now i can get started on doing the rest to 2.5

thanks for everyones help in posting there problems so i can find the answers
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.