Help with fork

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 年 前
I created a fork for the new Product Picture Zoom Lens and Picture Filename SEO Enhancements, however I implemented those features using nopCommerce 2.3 code. Because I implemented the changes in nopCommerce 2.3 and now the current version is 2.5 by the time I was done, What must I do to contribute my changes to nopCommerce? Do I need to merge my changes into the 2.5 code? I need some direction.
12 年 前
Right. You need to merge the changes if you want them to work with the latest version
12 年 前
Okay. How do I merge the changes? Create a Clone of the fork, then what? Could you give me the steps to merge the changes and the best tool to use. I have TortoiseHg (not very familar with it). I normally use TFS and Source Control Explorer.
12 年 前
Please find more info here
12 年 前
breakskater wrote:
Okay. How do I merge the changes? Create a Clone of the fork, then what?

This is how I started to work with the nopCommerce source:

1. Cloned repository to my disk
2. First time merged my changes manually (I use plugins, so, it was pretty easy).
3. TortoiseHG Workbench -> Settings -> Commit -> Push after commit - Unspecified.
4. TortoiseHG Workbench -> Settings -> Workbench-> After pull operation - Unspecified.

You can also install VisualHG for integration with VisualStudio.

So, I do not push my changes in the global repository, only commit them to my local disk. Periodically (about ones in two-three days) I implement Pull operation and Merge with local. I do not use Mercurial auto resolve conflicts - had some problems with it.

As the result I allways have fresh version of the nopCommerce. This is a little risk, maybe, but the developer team work very accurate.

If anybody knows better way to work with source - please tell me.
11 年 前
Serge Gusev wrote:

2. First time merged my changes manually (I use plugins, so, it was pretty easy).

Let's say I have nopCommerce 2.3 source with changes. What is the easiest way to merge those changes into nopCommerce 2.5? I do not have a repository either, because I just downloaded nop 2.3 and started developing without a fork first.

Would creating a repository on the nopCommerce 2.3 source then pulling a nopCommerce 2.5 fork accomplish merging the 2.5 code into my 2.3 repository?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.