Adwords ads, slow first time load - Urgent help needed please :-)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 年 前
The first time a user vistits inkredible.co.uk through an adwords ad, the site take ages to load (usually over 50 secs). The second time they visit through the same ad the site loads instantly.

If a user visits the site for the first time through organic listings the site loads instantly.

I can recreate by deleting cookies/files etc and clicking on an ad or organic listing (search "inkredible" in google. Please don't rack up too many clicks or you'll put me out of business :-)).

This problem is having a bad affect on conversion rate as first time visitors won't wait for the page to load. We're desperate to solve as soon as poss.

Darren
11 年 前
The same behaviour can be observed with microsoft bing ads.

Could this be a proxy / dns lookup issue?

Do these services (adwords, bing) use a proxy to communicate between server and client. Is the server doing a dns lookup for the client on the first ever load? if so, why would clearing cookies force anoter lookup?

Hope someone can help

Darren
11 年 前
wunpac wrote:
The first time a user vistits inkredible.co.uk through an adwords ad, the site take ages to load (usually over 50 secs). The second time they visit through the same ad the site loads instantly.

If a user visits the site for the first time through organic listings the site loads instantly.

I can recreate by deleting cookies/files etc and clicking on an ad or organic listing (search "inkredible" in google. Please don't rack up too many clicks or you'll put me out of business :-)).

This problem is having a bad affect on conversion rate as first time visitors won't wait for the page to load. We're desperate to solve as soon as poss.

Darren

Now that you mentioned it, I think this might be happening to me as well.  :-)

I have noticed that on many of the clicks I get from google adwords I can see on google analytics that the user stayed on for 0 seconds.

I tried to delete the history, etc. and then click on one of my ads.  The loading time for my website was about 14 or so seconds when I did this.  

My time was faster then your time but I might of not deleted everything properly... I deleted the temporary files,Cookies, and History.

If you find the answer or if anyone else does, please let me know.

For everyone who is reading this topic, have you also run into this?  You might want to check and see what your load time is through a google ad.  For those of us who use google adwords, this is very important find... money wise.
11 年 前
@tim2376 Does the page load instantly the second time you click on the ad (without deleting cookies etc.)?
11 年 前
wunpac wrote:
@tim2376 Does the page load instantly the second time you click on the ad (without deleting cookies etc.)?

Ok.  I have been doing a little more testing.  

It turns out that I think the first test that I got 14 seconds on was flawed because I did not un-tick the "Preserve Favorites website data" on internet explorer when I was deleting temporary files.

I tried a new test on an ad to my home page after deleting ALL the temporary files.

Here are the results:

-----------------------------------------

Click #1: Load time was 41 seconds.

Click # 2: Load time was 7 seconds. (without deleting temorary files)

-----------------------------------------

I counted the load time from when I clicked the google ad to when the tab on my browser stopped showing the little loading animation.

My home page does have some large graphics, but 41 seconds was a bit scary for me...

From the results that I got, it does look like it speeds up after the first click.

Please keep me updated on any fixes.

For everyone else, please try this out and post your results.
11 年 前
Tim2376 wrote:
but 41 seconds was a bit scary for me...

Scary for anyone clicking on your ad also. They won't hang around for the page to load, but Google will charge you for the click.

Edit: Can you confirm that a first visit to the site that isn't through adwords loads quicky. I.e. find your site in the organic listings after deleting cookies etc. and observe load time.

First load through organic listings is fine for me. Problem is only for Adwords and Adcenter (Bing ads).
11 年 前
wunpac wrote:

Scary for anyone clicking on your ad also. They won't hang around for the page to load, but Google will charge you for the click.

Edit: Can you confirm that a first visit to the site that isn't through adwords loads quicky. I.e. find your site in the organic listings after deleting cookies etc. and observe load time.

First load through organic listings is fine for me. Problem is only for Adwords and Adcenter (Bing ads).

I am afraid that my satellite internet is not working too well right now due to the weather... or at least that is what I hope it is.

I tried to go to my website through a normal google search after deleting the temporary files.  The time was longer than the time it took from the google ad!

It took 43-46 seconds! (that was waiting until all the images to loaded)

Like I said, I am thinking that it could be my internet speed right now.  For example after deleting the temp. files it took me 5.6 seconds to get to google's home page and 14 seconds to get to nopcommerce forum page.

Since I am not sure about my satellite internet speed right now, I think it would be more reliable if you tried the test of the loading time from a google search vs. loading time from a google ad for my website.

That way you can confirm if the loading time for Google Ads is just a problem on your site, or if it is a problem for all nopcommerce websites.

I am looking forward to hearing the results...

Thanks!
11 年 前
I can't see your ad because I'm in the UK.

Are you able to check from a better connection?
11 年 前
Andrei,

Is this the sort of thing you would resolve with premium support? We're desperate for a quick resolution to this

Darren
11 年 前
Just spoken to Adwords account manager and they can replicate. They are escalating the issue to the bofins behind the scenes. I'll report back when I hear something.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.