Shipping cost by weight brackets

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 年 前
Shipping cost by weight brackets (with fixed shipping cost within the interval) is very common in Europe.

I think it is awkward to alter code for each release, to fix such a banal shortcoming.

I was disappointed to see that this problem was not addressed in the late releases, after earlier discussions on the matter.

Please add the “necessary tick box”, in next release.
13 年 前
nopCommerce team | a.m. wrote:
Here's what you do now:
1. Open source code for your shipping method (Nop.Shipping.ShippingByWeight.ShippingByWeightComputationMethod.cs or Nop.Shipping.ShippingByWeightAndCountry.ShippingByWeightAndCountryComputationMethod.cs)
2. Find and replace:
shippingTotal = shippingByWeight.ShippingChargeAmount * Weight;
shippingTotal = shippingByWeightAndCountry.ShippingChargeAmount * weight;

with
shippingTotal = shippingByWeight.ShippingChargeAmount
shippingTotal = shippingByWeightAndCountry.ShippingChargeAmount

andrei, i'm Leonardo from Palermo we are develop www.nettunosporttrapani.it in TRAPANI - SICILIA - ITALY
the problem is that the shipping shipping companies "TNT" in italy
make different price for STATE /province  EG. (sicilia, calabria, lombardia etc..)

eg.

1)  0-5 kg         € 7   in Sicily
2)  0-5 kg         € 9   in Calabria
2)  0-5 kg         € 11   in other province (regioni) of ITALY

1)  6-10 kg         € 12   in Sicily
2)  6-10 kg         € 13   in Calabria
2)  6-10 kg         € 15  in other province (state) of ITALY

you are develop a shippingByWeightAndSTATE module???
thanks, Leonardo
13 年 前
I also have this issue. In UK I cannot find any shipper that doesnt calculate cost based on weight brackets rather than absolute weight. I have been looking on codeplex for this issue but cannot find it to vote.

Has it been added? Can anyone add items or does it need to be an admin? I think this would be a popular feature for european users or perhaps could be added into the next or future release as an additional shipping method.
13 年 前
I 3rd, 4th or whatever.  I've built several companies and have used multiple shopping carts.  When you configure shipping by weight and use a matrix, you specify an exact amount, NOT an amount per lbs or kg.  This is such a tiny, miniscule, 15 second addition to provide an option that works how most people expect it to work.
13 年 前
haydie wrote:

configurable  since   v1.5  

in admin

configuration-->all settings

go to (approx) page 8

edit setting

ShippingByWeight.CalculatePerWeightUnit       -->    set to false

ShippingByWeightAndCountry.CalculatePerWeightUnit     -->     set to false
13 年 前
What is the exact name of the file and what directory is it in?  I've dug through every single folder and only found one that even came close to matching this ...\Administration\Shipping\ShippingByWeightConfigure.  This folder has exactly 3 files in it and not a single one of them has the calculation mentioned.  I need to blow away this * Weight and I can't find it in the source code.
13 年 前
haydie wrote:

in admin

go to (approx) page 8

edit setting

Brilliant thank you. I have been wanting this soultion and now I have it. Perfect!
12 年 前
haydie wrote:

in admin

go to (approx) page 8

edit setting

That works great to a point for me, however the shipping by weight I need to implement has fixed weight bands/prices up to say 20KG and then there is a cost per weight unit for each KG over the maximum defined weight range - how would I go about handling that?

Example:

0 to 1kg = £5.50
1 to 5kg = £7.00
5 to 20kg = £8.50
Greater than 20kg = £8.50 plus £0.30 per kilo over 20kg

Any ideas appreciated
12 年 前
ProNotion wrote:

in admin

go to (approx) page 8

edit setting

That works great to a point for me, however the shipping by weight I need to implement has fixed weight bands/prices up to say 20KG and then there is a cost per weight unit for each KG over the maximum defined weight range - how would I go about handling that?

Example:

0 to 1kg = £5.50
1 to 5kg = £7.00
5 to 20kg = £8.50

Any ideas appreciated

I am also looking to implement this solution.
Any one got any ideas?

Thanks

Ian
12 年 前
ian.reynolds wrote:

in admin

go to (approx) page 8

edit setting

Example:

0 to 1kg = £5.50
1 to 5kg = £7.00
5 to 20kg = £8.50

Any ideas appreciated

I am also looking to implement this solution.
Any one got any ideas?

Thanks

Ian

Out of the box you can have only one of the methods a) fixed by weight brackets or b) per kg by weight brakets; but you can keep on a) defining  after 20kg (following the example above) a £0.30 increase for an aditional 1kg. braket. Following the example it would be 20kg to 21kg=£8.80, 21kg to 23kg £9.10 and so on... It will work if you do not expect to have very heavy orders that will meake you define too many additional brackets.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.