Problem with attributes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 年 前
Hi, this is my first post....totally new to this great software.  I am really excited to get started!  It looks like a great product!

Now to my question.....I am having trouble setting up the attributes/product variances.  I have watched the screencasts a few times and read the documentation, but it still doesn't work for me. Part of it may be that I do not understand the use of the product variants fully.

My understanding and how they would be used in my store is:

I sell t shirts....I have sizes, colors and styles to choose from.  I print my own shirts and each design is available on about 3 different style shirts. If I set up the product variance for say a 5250 in large with an individual sku for that style in that size...then I would also have to think about colors...luckily I only offer 4 colors.....I just can't get the attribute for say a unisex t shirt work.  I get the drop down box for both size and for color to appear...and I can't add to the cart as it is required....but the drop down boxes do not have any values loaded in them.  I hope this makes sense.

What do i need to do so that the values of sm, med, large will appear in the drop down for size for instance.  Then do i need to set up a separate product variance for each size?

Is there documentation that will say step 1 do this, step 2 do this, etc.?

Thanks in advance....this sounded even more confusing as I was trying to list my problem!
14 年 前
I am still having problems with the attributes.  If there is someone who would be willing to enter my store and set up the product variance/attributes for me for one product I would be willing to pay them.  I can submit payment through PayPal.  Feel free to email me direct at [email protected]

Thanks
14 年 前
After looking at over 50 pages in the forum, I found the answer!  The search function within the forum doesnt work for me either!
14 年 前
So what was the answer?  I'm still confused about Product Specifications, variants and attributes.
14 年 前
I found my answer on about page 50 of the forum....basically I am using the product variants.  what I was missing was the orange hyperlink in the "values" column.  Once I realized that this was a hyperlink...I have been able to insert my attributes accordingly.  The downside is...for each product the attributs have to be manually typed in.  I can't figure out how to make a "attribute template" so this can be called up automatically.  

This make for a long tedious process....but so far it is working.  Good lluck!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.