Dynamically Create Products In Real Time?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 年 前
Hi everyone,

I'm new to nopCommerce so please be gentle :)

I have been tasked with creating essentially a shopping cart system for the company that I work for. The problem is that the "products" have got such a complex combination of options that it would be completely impractical to try to use the shopping cart configuration options to have the user create them.

The company currently uses a web form that allows the user to choose all of the options in a single page. This includes multiple "products within the same page with the options (hence the complexity). But I thought, what if I took all of the options that were chosen by the user and created them in a "description" field as a large, formatted text entry. Then, based on their choices, I know the cost of the item, and I can assign a product ID to that particular transaction. I am hoping that I can then pass all of that information into nopCommerce's cart, so I can then take advantage of the user sign in, discount/coupon codes, payments etc.

So I guess what I am asking is:

1) From an external site, can I send a call to the nopCommerce store that will create the product, then add that product to the shopping cart and redirect to the shopping cart to complete the transaction?

2) Can I make that created product not visible to the public catalog.

If anyone has done this or can think or something that would be helpful I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Jon
9 年 前
I think I have a way to do #2 by changing the expiration date once the checkout has been completed. Still looking for help on #1 though :)
9 年 前
#1 can be done with a web service plugin.  There's an example in the core, but would need modifications to create product, add to cart, etc.
9 年 前
Sorry to be dim, but could you please let me know which web service plugin I would try to look at to modify?

9 年 前
BTW I was able to get the add to cart functionality working using a plugin, so I'm good with that. I just need to be able to add the product, then I can redirect using that sku
9 年 前
Nop.Plugin.Misc.WebServices
9 年 前
Thanks!
9 年 前
Could you please shed some light on exactly how you did it? Just came to this post through googling, and found it very helpful.

Thanks so much in advance!
9 年 前
I'm not sure that it is the best way but I ended up having to add the product in a slq stored procedure then calling the add to cart function.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.