So dum question but What is and how do you perform a rebuild after editing a .cs file??

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 年 前
So dum question but What is and how do you perform a rebuild after editing a .cs file??
14 年 前
Well, that is a million dollar question.  Luckily enough, I have not had to make any changes to a .cs file... YET.
14 年 前
Well I needed to change the froogle.aspx.cs file to make it create a static name instead of a time stamped one so it will work with froogle automatically and eliminate the need to do a manual upload, so I followed the instructions on another post to change the .cs file and I uploaded but now my site won't work, and I have read elsewhere that you have to rebuild once you edit a .cs file.

What the heck is rebuilding? And how do I do it so I can get my site up again, because it won't load anything now, not even if I upload the froogle.aspx.cs back up I made.
14 年 前
Are you develpoing in Visual Studio?  I think you need to recompile in VS then upload the whole site.  I don't know, I have been asking the same question.  I would test my suspession  but I am working late today.

Chad
14 年 前
No I am just hard coding it all, with the occasional opening of dreamweaver, haven't used much VS as of late, so I am not if I would know were to start.
14 年 前
I love DW but had to drop it because of it's lack of support for asp.net.  Visual Studio is not so bad.  I have a hosting account that I am not using.  I was going to upload a 1.50 on it anyway, so I think the first thing I will do is edit a .cs page to see what happens.  I don't dare do it to my (almost live) site.

Chad
14 年 前
We use Visual Studio to build and or rebuild locally and FTP changes and DLL to site after that.

We never make code changes at live site.
14 年 前
So then does nay know what I can do to get the site back up and running?

I have already deleted and upload the entire server back up from before I made the change and it hasn't had any luck in restoring the site to functioning...
14 年 前
its the http://www.wholesaleselfdefense.net
14 年 前
Thank you asp5.  Does this mean you work with two different databases?

Chad
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.