Overriding the Product Controller help/clarification

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 年 前
In a plugin -

I am trying to alter the logic in the PrepareProductDetailsPageModel method of product controller.  As such, I am trying to override the route of ProductController

routes.MapLocalizedRoute("XXX.Plugin.Misc.Core.Controller.Product",
                   "{SeName}",
                   new { controller = "Product", action = "ProductDetails" },
                   new[] { "XXX.Plugin.Misc.Core.Controllers" }
              );

My product controller inherits Nop.Web.Controller.ProductController and overrides the PrepareProductDetailsPageModel method.

I could not get overriding the route to work, because of the MapLocalizedRoute causing a "The parameters dictionary contains a null entry for parameter 'productId' of non-nullable type 'System.Int32' for method 'System.Web.Mvc.ActionResult ProductDetails(Int32, Int32)' in 'Nop.Web.Controllers.ProductController'" error when I try to override the route.

I have tried copying GenericPathRoute.cs and GenericPathRouteExtensions.cs to my plugin folder and modifying it to use the namespace of my controller but that has not been a success.

After lots of playing and research, it seems that the only effective way to "override" the Product Controller is by use of Action Filters.  Is this statement true?

I absolutely do not want to alter the core code as this plugin will be used in multiple sites, one on 3.4 and one on 3.5 and I want to make the upgrade path as smooth as possible to 3.6. (and future).

Please advise.  Has anyone successfully overridden the Product Controller in a plug in?  Are filters my only option?

Am I missing something?  

If anyone has any other tips please advise.
8 年 前
Just an update - I tried action filters approach and it works perfectly.  I was trying the hard approach by attempting to override the route.  Action Filters are the way to go.
8 年 前
Hi!

Can you show us?
7 年 前
Hi,

I'm having the same issue, how dit you implement the OnActionExecuting function?

Thanks,
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.