Payment Error: "Specified key is a known weak key for 'TripleDES' and cannot be used."

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 年 前
Now i see what you meant by paypal direct, i misunderstood you sorry for that (i thought you're just going by written instructions so i was telling you that it's not compulsory in oder to have paypal direct if you want to go for express)
And i know what you saying about "ACH"

ilya wrote:
Mike,
Implemented your last suggestion and tried the checkout with only those two options enabled.  Still get the same error in red: "Specified key is a known weak key for 'TripleDES' and cannot be used." when I click the "Confirm" button.

- Ilya

Did you try to checkout by credit card?  still getting the error ?

did you make any changes in code ?
14 年 前
- Ilya[/quote]

Did you try to checkout by credit card?  still getting the error ?

did you made any changes in code ?[/quote]

Yep. I googled for test cc #'s as you suggested and PayPal actually offers a bunch. I entered one of the numbers with a fictional name and expiration date, etc.  The system appeared to accept it, that is to say, it did not reject the number as invalid.  So I am assuming that's just the parity check passing.  However, when I tried to confirm the final order I got the same exact error, as I quoted.  

I am not sure what you mean by "changes in code". If you mean fooling around with java, then no. Actually, HELL, NO! :)  It frightens me. The only change that I attempted to make was to the darkOrange style.css page trying to resize it to accommodate the corporate logo.  Unsuccessfully, I might add :(.  The cutout dimensions for the logo in the top left corner of the page stay the same no matter what I enter there, but that's a different problem.

- Ilya
14 年 前
By changes in code i mean" did you change something in aspx pages or .cs pages if no then by accidentally ? (If you're not sure it's better to download a fresh copy of nopCommerce if you haven't started adding data or any changes etc)

To get the detailed error message :

Go to admin section > System > Log

see any log error message if yes paste it here
14 年 前
to change logo size, follow this : https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/topic.aspx?topicid=3620
14 年 前
abcd_12345 wrote:
By changes in code i mean" did you change something in aspx pages or .cs pages if no then by accidentally ? (If you're not sure it's better to download a fresh copy of nopCommerce if you haven't started adding data or any changes etc)

To get the detailed error message :

Go to admin section > System > Log

see any log error message if yes paste it here

Mike,
I did not change anything in .cs or .aspx pages.
Here is the past of the most recent error message in the log:
t Log type:      OrderError
t Severity:   11
t Message:   Error while placing order. Specified key is a known weak key for 'TripleDES' and cannot be used.
t Exception:   System.Exception: System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Specified key is a known weak key for 'TripleDES' and cannot be used. at System.Security.Cryptography.TripleDES.set_Key(Byte[] value) at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Security.SecurityHelper.Encrypt(String PlainText, String EncryptionPrivateKey) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\EnterpriseEdition\1.5Release\Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Security\SecurityHelper.cs:line 123 at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Security.SecurityHelper.Encrypt(String PlainText) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\EnterpriseEdition\1.5Release\Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Security\SecurityHelper.cs:line 108 at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Orders.OrderManager.PlaceOrder(PaymentInfo paymentInfo, Customer customer, Guid OrderGuid, Int32& OrderID) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\EnterpriseEdition\1.5Release\Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Orders\OrderManager.cs:line 2685
t IP address:   63.231.171.50
t Customer:   [email protected]
t Page URL:   http://www.perfecthindsight.com/perfecthindsight/nopcommerce/CheckoutOnepage.aspx
t Referrer:   http://www.perfecthindsight.com/perfecthindsight/nopcommerce/CheckoutOnepage.aspx
t Created on:   4/20/2010 9:42:01 PM
14 年 前
For anyone having the same problem, the cause of it is most likely unset encryption key.
The key is found in the Configuration > Global Settings > Security > Encryption Key.
It does not have to be autogenerated; just pick any random or pseudo random, I suppose,
combination of numbers and letters.  It doesn't even have to be a 16 char long string.
- Ilya
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.