what are steps for publish nop site?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 年 前
can anyone provide the exacts steps to publish nop site on server?

I am using 3.80

in VS if i have full source code open, what next to do?

The instructions on nop says-

3. Publish the "Nop.Web" project from Visual Studio

P.S. When publishing ensure that configuration is set to "Release"

so in my case, i have project open in VS, after rebuilding whole solution i go to BUILD TAB then PUBLISH NOP.WEB

i publish as file system / release any CPU to a folder on my local PC, then move those files published folders to server?

what to do with bin and plugins and app data setting? am i missing anything? can u provide steps in order plz? what should be the right order?
7 年 前
You must first publish the project to your local machine, then you will FTP the compiled website (Presentation\Nop.Web\)to your hosting provider.
The project remains on your PC in case you need to make more modifications at any point.

I assume you are using the Source version because you already made some changes to the original source code.
If not..consider just downloading the no-source version and save yourself some time. Using no-source version, you simply upload the files to your hosting provider via FTP.
7 年 前
And...
-Copy InstalledPlugins.txt & Settings.txt to the App_Data folder after publish complete
-Copy Content/Images from Local Dev environment to Publish Location
-Give write access in folder Content/Images to IIS_IUSRS

Keep in mind if you get a lot of missing dll type errors in release mode you'll have to unblock some zip files too: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/39849/could-not-load-file-or-assembly-perlregexdll-in-release-mode.aspx
7 年 前
par6 wrote:
And...
-Copy InstalledPlugins.txt & Settings.txt to the App_Data folder after publish complete
-Copy Content/Images from Local Dev environment to Publish Location
-Give write access in folder Content/Images to IIS_IUSRS

Keep in mind if you get a lot of missing dll type errors in release mode you'll have to unblock some zip files too: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/39849/could-not-load-file-or-assembly-perlregexdll-in-release-mode.aspx

Thank you!!! You saved me a ton of aggravation!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.