Update Order Item Quantity in Admin

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 年 前
Hi,

I am wondering how close nopCommerce can get to fulfilling this scenario?:

One of the items being sold on a site I am putting together is Leather Hides. On the site the leather is shown as a price per square foot and the approximate square feet per hide. Once the order is received then the staff will measure the size of the hide available and once they know the actual square feet will update the order details with the actual cost of the hide then contact the customer by email to make payment.

Is this something that nopcommerce can handle out of the box? I know that you can go in as an Admin and update an order but if I change an order line price it didn't seem to update the order total value when doing it through the admin panel so would any changes mean that all values for the order would need to be re-entered manually?

Is there another way to fulfill this requirement that I am not considering due to my lack of experience with the product?

Any advice given would be greatly appreciated?

Many thanks,

Ian
7 年 前
[email protected] wrote:
Hi,

I am wondering how close nopCommerce can get to fulfilling this scenario?:

One of the items being sold on a site I am putting together is Leather Hides. On the site the leather is shown as a price per square foot and the approximate square feet per hide. Once the order is received then the staff will measure the size of the hide available and once they know the actual square feet will update the order details with the actual cost of the hide then contact the customer by email to make payment.

Is this something that nopcommerce can handle out of the box? I know that you can go in as an Admin and update an order but if I change an order line price it didn't seem to update the order total value when doing it through the admin panel so would any changes mean that all values for the order would need to be re-entered manually?

Is there another way to fulfill this requirement that I am not considering due to my lack of experience with the product?

Any advice given would be greatly appreciated?

Many thanks,

Ian

You can update "Order total" manually too.  Otherwise you will need customize order edit feature.
7 年 前
Asked a similar question some time ago.

Andrei said It is very difficult to automate this process, since nopCommerce can handle a lot of discount types and giftcards that should be taken into account, to make this feature possible.

Options:
1. Your staff should calculate the prices manually. Update the quantity and it's price incl. and excl. tax.
2. Modify the source code and calculate prices automatically when quantity for an orderitem changes.
3. Calculate the amount before the customer inserts the order.

Requested feature would be the perfect addition to nopCommerce in my opinion.

Regards,

Max
7 年 前
Thanks very much for your replies guys.

I was expecting that there was no currently built-in way of achieving this easily.

I agree that it would be a useful feature to include.

Thanks,

Ian
7 年 前
Hi.
You can try to use the auto updating order totals feature.
But I must warn you that currently this functionality is in BETA testing status. Just check setting "Auto update order totals" in order settings and then edit the orders, the totals are automatically updated. Maybe it will suit you.
7 年 前
OK Thanks, I'll look into this.

Kind regards,

Ian
5 年 前
Hi guys,

I am novice at this so please bear with me.
Have you guys found a way to automatically update order totals? I am using version 4.0 and I tried to make changes to an already existing order but the order totals are still not updating even after enabling "Auto update order totals" in order settings. Please help.
4 年 前
Having the same issue. What's the easiest way to change order totals? We have a lot of calls from clients that want to change the order after they have placed it. Also we need to be able to add manual discounts to order that we place for clients via phone. Thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.