Backup en restore database

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 年 前
How can I create a new database and then restore the old one?
7 年 前
This functionality is available in the latest version (3.80) out of the box in Admin area > System > Maintenance
7 年 前
Hello,

Can you explain how the backup works?

I tried it on an Arvixe hosted site and I get this error:

Cannot open backup device 'E:\HostingSpaces\carneno\lakesideos.com\wwwroot\Administration\db_backups\database_2016-11-08-14-31-12_2688.bak'. Operating system error 5(Access is denied.). BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

It appears as a red message at the top of the screen.

Thanks,
Tony
7 年 前
Backup copy is created by SQL server itself. You need to give the writting permission to the folder E:\HostingSpaces\carneno\lakesideos.com\wwwroot\Administration\db_backups for the user who's running SQL Serve
7 年 前
Sergei,

Thanks for your help.

I used the backup function provided by Arvixe Control Panel for their SQL Server 2012 system and it created a backup file to that folder without error.

The folder does have full Read/Write/Delete permissions.

I guess I will have to contact Arvixe about this and I know they are going to tell me to contact my system administrator.

Thanks,
Tony
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.