404 errors

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 年 前
Hello!

I'm getting a lot of 404 errors reported on the Google Crawl, and when I try that link it is a 404 but when I look in the URLRecord Slug, that link isn't there.

Where else would this link come from?

Cheers,
Dave
7 年 前
QEDDave wrote:
Hello!

I'm getting a lot of 404 errors reported on the Google Crawl, and when I try that link it is a 404 but when I look in the URLRecord Slug, that link isn't there.

Where else would this link come from?

Cheers,
Dave

Have you been submitting a Sitemap.xml through Google Webmaster Tools website?
If so, they probably have not fetched a recent copy and still see those old URL's. Go to GWT and manually upload your sitemap.xml again and wait a day or two to check and see if Googlebot has stopped trying to crawl those URL's.
7 年 前
Thanks!!

Appreciate the help.
7 年 前
Hey Dave,

Thought you resolved all these issues back in October?

You still have broken links on the site you may have to check out.

W
7 年 前
So good to hear from you!

No I haven't.  There old links and I've redone the URLs so that's what did it but geez i just can't get that cleared off the crawler and it's killing me.

I re-did the URLs so that they are left justified parent to child and hopefully crawler friendly.  How do I clear that old log out?

Hey I owe you a Christmas present of some sort for all that you have done and it sure is on my mind and sure will be there before then :)

I've tuned up the parts website as best I know what to do and am looking/doing same on the motors.  Totally given up on India - sheesh.  Am looking at hiring a local company and figure to pay 600-1500 $CDN per month to get this sorted but my ranking sucks,

I'm over at a friends right now and having a Sunday dinner/laugh-and-tickle.

I'll touch base again with you tomorrow.

Cheers!
Dave

PS ... I'll say Hi to her here tonight for ya (ha ha)
7 年 前
You know that was posted on the public forum right? :)

I'll catch you later Dave.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.