Error: Getting method not found on controller logs

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 年 前
Hi All,

I moved my store from my old server to a new server and changed the domain from the old domain to new domain.

Things i have done:

1. Copy the entire store and pasted it in the new hosting. Same with database too - just cloned the old db to a new db on new server.
2. Settings.txt  - updated this with new database connection string.
3. InstalledPlugins.txt is updated correctly.

The store loaded fine but was pointing to old database. So i logged into admin panel and restarted the application. Then the store loaded successfully pointing to new database.

4. I went to admin panel and changed old email address of the admin account (first email account created when installing the nopcommerce) to a new email account. Saved it. The stored logged me out, and I was able to login with the new updated email account as admin.

But whenever i try to navigating in admin panel, the admin panel pages load fine, but they randomly leave a log like below:

A public action method 'ClearCache' was not found on controller 'Nop.Admin.Controllers.CommonController'.
A public action method 'countrylist' was not found on controller 'Nop.Admin.Controllers.CountryController'.
A public action method 'LogList' was not found on controller 'Nop.Admin.Controllers.LogController'.
A public action method 'RestartApplication' was not found on controller 'Nop.Admin.Controllers.CommonController'.

A sample full message is as below for one of the above log messages:

Log level: Error

Full message:

System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): A public action method 'ClearCache' was not found on controller 'Nop.Admin.Controllers.CommonController'. at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.HandleUnknownAction(String actionName) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecuteCore>b__1d(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResultBase`1.End() at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecute>b__15(IAsyncResult asyncResult, Controller controller) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResultBase`1.End() at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.System.Web.Mvc.Async.IAsyncController.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResultBase`1.End() at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Page URL: http://mystore.com/admin/common/clearcache

Customer: Guest

=========================

Not sure why it says customer as guest, as it is evident that as an admin i'm performing the clearcache operation myself.

I cleared cache, restarted the application several times. It restarts successfully (it doesn't show any error as such and refreshes the admin panel) but again leaves a log like: A public action method 'RestartApplication' was not found on controller 'Nop.Admin.Controllers.CommonController'.

Can someone help me understand what is causing the problem?
7 年 前
Hello,

The Restart Application button from the administration doesn't work always as expected.

You can try to force restart the application by adding an empty space at the very end of Global.asax file and save it. This will force the application to completely restart.

Regards,

Stoyan
7 年 前
Hi

Thanks for the reply.

The problem is not just with the restart application. It is with other pages like country list etc.. If you see my original post, i have listed few more error logs.
7 年 前
Can someone help please, the log is now 100 pages with these error messages. Please!
7 年 前
can someone help please. I'm still getting these logs...
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.