Favicon won't save when I select it

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 年 前
I go to the administration settings and select my favocion image but when I save, I get the error that says that the image is not a valid filetype and it only accepts files with the .ico filetype and of course that is the kind of file that I'm trying to upload. Is there a workaround for this or another way to upload my favicon?
13 年 前
System can accept only "image/x-icon" images as favicon. Try to upload this icon in the site root directory.
13 年 前
Thanks! That worked but I really think the error message should be more descriptive because saying that its not in the correct file format for .ico doesn't really say much about the actual problem.
13 年 前
You're welcome. And really, there nothing to say but this. We don't do recognizing of file type in code, we just look at the ContentType(MIME type) of posted file.
13 年 前
nopCommerce team | d.n. wrote:
System can accept only "image/x-icon" images as favicon. Try to upload this icon in the site root directory.

Could content type "image/icon" be added to the content type validation in Modules\GlobalSettings.ascx.cs (line 296 in version 1.70 change set 54542)?

Current code:
  if (!postedFile.ContentType.Equals("image/x-icon"))

Updated code:
  if (!postedFile.ContentType.Equals("image/x-icon") && !postedFile.ContentType.Equals("image/icon"))

I have tried multiple programs to create icons and they all create icons with this content type (image/icon). This may be the source of the OP's problem as well.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.