Twitter Login error

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 年 前
Hello !!

I am new to NopCommerce as well as .Net MVC.

I want to enable twitter external authentication for my website.

As per the instructions I downloaded and installed twitter plugin ans also configured it.

But when I click on login with twitter button it shows an error as below:

The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
   <system.web>
       <compilation debug="true"/>
   </system.web>
</configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

Can anyone help me to solve this ??

Thanks in advance !!!
7 年 前
SSeBookStore wrote:
Hello !!
As per the instructions I downloaded and installed twitter plugin ans also configured it.

Hi,

There are several twitter plugins are available, please let us know which plugin you've configured.
7 年 前
The plugin available in NopCommerce market place.

https://www.nopcommerce.com/p/2180/twitter-external-authentication-nop4youcom.aspx
7 年 前
SSeBookStore wrote:

The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized

Seems like you've not configured Consumer key and Consumer secret properly.

Let us know how you configured?
7 年 前
Okay, I've just configured plugin from my end and checked.

This error appears when user have not added Callback URL in twitter app. Please add callback URL any and check.

Hope this helps!
7 年 前
Thanks Divyang for your help..

I don't know about the CalLBack UR.

Can you give me example of yours ??

Same error occurred with google plugin and this forum help me to solve that callback url.
I tried the same with twitter but didn't get the result.
7 年 前
SSeBookStore wrote:

Can you give me example of yours ??

Sure, Let me explain a bit more:

Configuration page of plugin display screen as below:

In which all you have to add Consumer key and Consumer secret. To get this things, you've to create your twitter developer app and generate key and secret.

• Go to https://apps.twitter.com/

• Create your twitter app and add mandatory details:

(Here we've not added Callback URL as of now.)

• Get your key and secret and configure it to plugin.

• It's enable a small twitter login button on login page, when you click that button it will gives you an error.

• Now, move to your twitter app and add Callback URL and click to update settings.

(Now we've added Callback URL as of now.)

• Try to refresh web page, It will ask for credential/permission, once you add it it will redirect to your store.

Hope this helps!
7 年 前
Thank you so much Divyang for your help.

As per your instructions I changed my setting in my twitter app

But still it shows the same error :(

7 年 前
SSeBookStore wrote:
But still it shows the same error :(

Try to re-generate Key and Secret again and configure to the plugin, if still you'll face the the issue then PM to Vendor NOP4YOU .
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.