UPS sending ounces as pounds

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 年 前
I am using Shipping Director to help with my shipping needs.  However there appears to be a problem with how UPS handles the weights of my items.  I'm using both the UPS and USPS APIs for the calculation of delivery fees.  It appears that the USPS service is correctly handling the weight whereas UPS's API is not.

I have the primary weight (Configuration > Shipping > Measures) set to ounces and the primary length as inches.  I have a product that is 25 ounces, the box is 16 ounces which equals 41 ounces (2.56 lbs).  The UPS API is sending the number 41 and it is treating it in lbs resulting in a charge of $93 (which is the same as if I go to UPS's calculate postage site for 41 lbs).

It appears that the USPS rates are correctly accounting for the ounce to lb conversion when calculating its rates.

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks for any and all help!
7 年 前
Do you have a weight record setup on the Measures page to convert the weight from ounces to pounds (system keyword: lb) with a ratio of 0.625?
7 年 前
Sorry, that should be 0.0625 (1/16).
7 年 前
Thanks Pete, that was exactly it.

So, for those of you that find this post later, if you change your default Dimensions or Weights (v 3.8) in the  Configuration > Shipping > Measures area the process is 3 fold.

1.  Click on the 'Mark as Primary Weight' button
2.  Update your new default record (in my case - ounces) to equal 1
3.  Update all other non-default records to be the conversion factor of your new primary (in my case - lbs = .0625, kg = .0283495, and g = 28.3495)

Thanks Pete and New York!
6 年 前
Just curious....
If I change my unit of measure from ounces to pounds, will the defined weight of my products be updated automatically?
6 年 前
embryo wrote:
Just curious....
If I change my unit of measure from ounces to pounds, will the defined weight of my products be updated automatically?

No
6 年 前
I just tried it on my development site and the prices were NOT updated...this should be made clear, otherwise customers will be charged exorbitant shipping fees until the admin updates all of his product weights.

I wrote this simple SQL statement which you can use to update the weight of all your products at once:
UPDATE Product SET Weight = Weight * .0625

This only works when you have your primary measure defined as ounces and want to change to pounds.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.