Upgrade from 1.5 to 1.6 missing some Resource Strings

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 年 前
Hello Nopsters!

I just upgraded a site from 1.5 to 1.6 and although I thought I did it correctly, I now have a problem.  It seems I am missing some of the language for the labels on the search page.  

On the search page next to the textbox I see: "search.searchkeyword" and next to the checkbox right below it I see: "search.advancedsearch"  instead of the proper text.

A cursory inspection of the code in search.ascx  shows this code:
GetLocaleResourceString("Search.SearchKeyword")

So how do I fix it?  Can I just add in the text to the language table?  What do I need to add?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Regards
Russ
13 年 前
go to language, resource strings and add it!!!!!!!!

saludos!
13 年 前
Thanks for your reply.  

yes I expected I could do so, but on further inspection it seems I am missing the Resource Strings in several places.  Since my initial post I've discovered several more places where the text is missing, So something is amiss with the Nop_LocaleStringResource table.

SOLVED - I truncated and reloaded the Nop_LocaleStringResource from the createData.sql script in the install folder.
13 年 前
im just learning.. how do you do that?
13 年 前
Okay What I did in detail

I opened the MSSQL Data Studio Tool, right clicked on the database,

I then clciked on the Tables-->Nop_LocaleStringResource  table and selected new query

I then typed the following:  TRUNCATE TABLE Nop_LocaleStringResource in the query window  

I then clicked on EXECUTE  button. This clears the table

In the window explorer I then navigated to nopCommerce_1.60->Install->Scripts

and opened nopCommerce_createData.sql  file in text editor.  

I searched for Nop_LocaleStringResource  and found where the INSERT statement started in the file at line 1292

I highlighted to the end of the inserts, at line 6145  copied and pasted into the Query editor window
(I deleted the TRUNCATE Statement)

I then hit execute button..  Viola!  Table reloaded.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.