Create a test.domain.com

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 年 前
How do you create a test domain?

I have:

1- copied the complete DB (dump/restore)
2 - copied the complete webside structure to a new subdomain
3 - changed the store db table content
4 - changed the data access json content

but still i get an error on startup.
what am i forgetting?
5 年 前
[email protected] wrote:
How do you create a test domain?

I have:

1- copied the complete DB (dump/restore)
2 - copied the complete webside structure to a new subdomain
3 - changed the store db table content
4 - changed the data access json content

but still i get an error on startup.
what am i forgetting?

What error message are you getting?

Can you share the steps that you followed to create test domain in order?
5 年 前
Just checking if you have any update on this?
5 年 前
SOLUTION :

apparently when copying the website the file and folder permissions are lost (A2 Hosting / Plesk), so I have to reapply permissions each time i want to create or update the test environment.

I tried the Plesk > 'website copy' and the Plesk > 'Files' > Folder copy and both lose the file permissions. pitty, but happy it works now.
5 年 前
[email protected] wrote:
SOLUTION :

apparently when copying the website the file and folder permissions are lost (A2 Hosting / Plesk), so I have to reapply permissions each time i want to create or update the test environment.

I tried the Plesk > 'website copy' and the Plesk > 'Files' > Folder copy and both lose the file permissions. pitty, but happy it works now.

Good to know that everything is working now - Great!
5 年 前
A2Hosting_Liaison wrote:

Good to know that everything is working now - Great!

The test.camjo.be is working.
it showed that our other issues are all related to HTTPS , as the exact copy on HTTP is running without any issues. we are contacting parties to help us, but it seems they will want us to move to their server which is nopCommerce optimised: all running in memory and not rebooting or refreshing or restarting every 60 minutes.
5 年 前
I would say, test your site with a default instance of nopCommerce to rule out that issue is not caused by any 3rd party theme or plugin.

Perform a fresh nop install on your servce and test with and without SSL so you are comparing apples to apples.

Then do another nop install with your custom theme (and plugin - if there are any) then compare the loading time with default instance.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.