NOP Does Not Work with FedEx International?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 年 前
Hello,

We started building our store with version 1.5 and have invested quit a lot time and resources into getting it into production, however we could not get the FedEx international shipping to work properly,

We spent a lot of time with the FedEx technical support and they did verify that they could see our international shipping request/variables passed as it was sent to their server and their server did send a response.  But for some reason the only thing we got back on our side was an error message telling us:

“The length of the destination state or province exceeds the limit of 2 characters.”

We ended up hiring a NOP expert programmer who told us that after much research;
“when they were writing the code, they didn’t count the international shipping option in their requirement list”.  
This of course was shocking to hear after we have invested so much time and resources into developing our store with this shopping cart.

Can any one (i.e. NOP people) tell me if this is true, or is there some sort of fix that will allow us to use FedEx with International shipping?  And FYI, changing shippers isn’t really an option.
13 年 前
International shipping works fine.

1. According to your error some of your state/province abbreviations exceed the limit of 2 characters.
2. Or you can open \Shipping\Nop.Shipping.FedEx\FedExComputationMethod.cs file and replace
if (ShipmentPackage.ShippingAddress.StateProvince != null)
            {
                request.RequestedShipment.Recipient.Address.StateOrProvinceCode = ShipmentPackage.ShippingAddress.StateProvince.Abbreviation;
            }
            else
            {
                request.RequestedShipment.Recipient.Address.StateOrProvinceCode = string.Empty;
            }

with
request.RequestedShipment.Recipient.Address.StateOrProvinceCode = string.Empty;
13 年 前
Thank you for reply, however I do not have the path or file you mentioned.  I don't have the code behind version, do I need it to fix the shipping?

"\Shipping\Nop.Shipping.FedEx\FedExComputationMethod.cs"
13 年 前
pkm32 wrote:
Thank you for reply, however I do not have the path or file you mentioned.  I don't have the code behind version, do I need it to fix the shipping?

"\Shipping\Nop.Shipping.FedEx\FedExComputationMethod.cs"

Correct, you need source code version
13 年 前
Sorry one last question; can I just add the code behind to my current project (keeping the existing files) or do I need to add all new files to my project, thus starting over?

Again thanks for your help, you saved our efforts for the last 3 months.
13 年 前
You can add it to any project you want if it has \Shipping\Nop.Shipping.FedEx\FedExComputationMethod.cs file
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.