force cart to empty

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 年 前
Hi,

Is there a way I can force a customer logout or a force a cart to empty after a specific time period?

Thanks,
Ben
13 年 前
bump for an answer.
13 年 前
1. To log them out after a specific time period set the timeout property for forms authentication in web.config:

<authentication mode="Forms">
      <forms name="NOPCOMMERCE.AUTH" loginUrl="~/login.aspx" protection="All" timeout="43200" path="/" requireSSL="false" slidingExpiration="true" defaultUrl="~/default.aspx" enableCrossAppRedirects="false"/>
    </authentication>

See here

2. There is a task that deletes expired customer carts - reduce the deleteExpiredShoppingCartsOlderThanMinutes time (in web.config):

<task name="DeleteExpiredShoppingCarts" type="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Orders.DeleteExpiredShoppingCartsTask, Nop.BusinessLogic" enabled="true" stopOnError="false" deleteExpiredShoppingCartsOlderThanMinutes="259200"/>

HTH
13 年 前
A belated thank you for that. And is there way to force the cart to empty when a user closes their browser?

Thanks,
Ben
13 年 前
That may not be a good strategy if your goal is to sell products. When a user returns to your website, having items still in their shopping cart may be a good feature to have. It can benefit the customer by remembering what they were interested in their earlier visits.
13 年 前
I agree, but I'm responding to a client request.
13 年 前
nopCommerce team | retroviz wrote:
2. There is a task that deletes expired customer carts - reduce the deleteExpiredShoppingCartsOlderThanMinutes time (in web.config):

<task name="DeleteExpiredShoppingCarts" type="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Orders.DeleteExpiredShoppingCartsTask, Nop.BusinessLogic" enabled="true" stopOnError="false" deleteExpiredShoppingCartsOlderThanMinutes="259200"/>

Can I use a similar task to mark pending orders as canceled insteasd of manually @ the admin panel?

Please I need some pro advise.
13 年 前
Hi, can anyone give some steps explaing delete sc older than minutes task?
13 年 前
Nobody know ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
13 年 前
You can write a task to do anything you want.

Just implement ITask.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.