hosting nopCommerce

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
15 年 前
hi there,
      I am trying to test the nopCommerce on the server, but is very lost on installation even with the help of the installation doc. i'v got a few questions:

1. while u upload all three files to the root, do i need to set up the default page path becuase i dont see the server can recognize the default page.
2. i need to give write permission to DB rite? is there any other file that i need to give permission to?

cheers
david
15 年 前
1. Default page is set in IIS (set it to Default.aspx). http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/IIS/dc6eb1b4-9028-4308-9935-52b64edfad36.mspx
2. Give write persmissions to "images" and "files" folders
15 年 前
cool, is that because of all the addons so that u didnt put the default page in the root or i havnt seen enough codes. but anyway. thank you.
15 年 前
the other thing, now, i am trying to run the application on my local machine. after i created the database and run the scripts sucessfully, i changed the web.cofig so that i can connect to database.

<connectionStrings>
    <add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=.\DAVID-PC\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=NopDatabase;Integrated Security=False;User ID=dave;Password=1qazxsw2"/>
  </connectionStrings>

NopDatabase is the database i setup in SQL, and DAVID-PC\SQLEXPRESS is my SQL

then when i try to run the application, after loading the browser for a while a window pop up and says: There is no source code available for the current location

then i click ok. that window closed and another one pop up and says

SQLException was unhandled by user code.
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

im thinking there s something wrong with the .config file so that i can not connect to sql. give my modification of the <connectionStrings> part, is there anything i did wrong or i missed something?
plz help me with this, i still havnt get look at this application in running :(

lots of thanks
david
15 年 前
See this http://www.datamasker.com/SSE2005_NetworkCfg.htm
15 年 前
hi support | a.m.

i think i have make the connection to sql while hosting it locally. thanks for the help.
     but i still havent got a chance to run this sucessfully. i v got this error:

The value can not be null or an empty string.
Parameter name: connectionString
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: The value can not be null or an empty string.
Parameter name: connectionString

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: The value can not be null or an empty string.
Parameter name: connectionString]
   Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database..ctor(String connectionString, DbProviderFactory dbProviderFactory) +107
   Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Sql.SqlDatabase..ctor(String connectionString) +61
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Common.DAL.NopDataHelper.CreateConnection() in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\NopCommerce\Nop.Common\DAL\NopDataHelper.cs:37
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Common.DAL.Managers.LanguageDBManager.GetAllLanguages(Boolean showHidden) in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\NopCommerce\Nop.Common\DAL\Managers\LanguageDBManager.cs:43
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Common.BLL.Managers.LanguageManager.GetAllLanguages() in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\NopCommerce\Nop.Common\BLL\Managers\LanguageManager.cs:94
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Common.NopContext.get_WorkingLanguage() in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\NopCommerce\Nop.Common\NopContext.cs:342
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Common.HttpModules.NopCommerceFilter.Application_BeginRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\NopCommerce\Nop.Common\HttpModules\NopCommerceFilter.cs:107
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +68
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

where my problem is? i think i might not set enough permission, i only set the permission of image filder, is there any other permission that i need to set. or is there something else that i didnt take care of??

thanks
david
15 年 前
Plz read this manual (https://www.nopcommerce.com/Documentation/Installation.aspx)
14 年 前
Thanks so much...all of that was configured right...I just had the wrong version of ASP selected.  Now when accessing the default.aspx page I'm getting...

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace:

[ExternalException (0x80004005): A generic error occurred in GDI+.]
   System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams) +377630
   System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageFormat format) +69
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Common.Media.PictureManager.GetPictureUrl(Picture picture, Int32 TargetSize, Boolean showDefaultPicture) in C:\temp\rac\NopCommerce.com\Solution\Web\downloads\nopCommerce_1.11\Solution\Libraries\Nop.Common\Media\PictureManager.cs:203
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Common.Media.PictureManager.GetPictureUrl(Int32 imageId, Int32 TargetSize, Boolean showDefaultPicture) in C:\temp\rac\NopCommerce.com\Solution\Web\downloads\nopCommerce_1.11\Solution\Libraries\Nop.Common\Media\PictureManager.cs:122
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.HomePageCategories.dlCategories_ItemDataBound(Object sender, DataListItemEventArgs e) in C:\temp\rac\NopCommerce.com\Solution\Web\downloads\nopCommerce_1.11\Solution\NopCommerceStore\Modules\HomePageCategories.ascx.cs:67
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.OnItemDataBound(DataListItemEventArgs e) +8670790
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.CreateItem(Int32 itemIndex, ListItemType itemType, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem) +137
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) +459
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +54
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.DataBind() +55
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.HomePageCategories.BindData() in C:\temp\rac\NopCommerce.com\Solution\Web\downloads\nopCommerce_1.11\Solution\NopCommerceStore\Modules\HomePageCategories.ascx.cs:52
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.HomePageCategories.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\temp\rac\NopCommerce.com\Solution\Web\downloads\nopCommerce_1.11\Solution\NopCommerceStore\Modules\HomePageCategories.ascx.cs:42
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +141
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627
14 年 前
please ensure ASP.NET has write access to the images directory
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.