installation and discountasp.net

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 年 前
I have installed 1.8 on my dev environment no problems but having problems getting this running on my hosted account.

I have ended up setting up the DB manually and changing the connectionStrings.config file to contain the following

<connectionStrings>
<add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=sql2k802.discountasp.net;Initial Catalog=DBNAME;User
ID=DBUSERID;Password=DBUSERPW;Integrated Security=FALSE;Persist Security Info=False;Connect Timeout=120" />
</connectionStrings>

with no joy and an error showing that there is a localserver config in machine.config

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The connection name 'LocalSqlServer' was not found in the applications configuration or the connection string is empty.

Source Error:

Line 281:            <providers>
Line 282:                <add name="AspNetSqlRoleProvider" connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer" applicationName="/"
Line 283:                    type="System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider, System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
Line 284:                <add name="AspNetWindowsTokenRoleProvider" applicationName="/"
Line 285:                    type="System.Web.Security.WindowsTokenRoleProvider, System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />

Source File: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Config\machine.config    Line: 283

Any body got this working on discountasp or give me some pointers

even with a fresh install i cant seem to get the shop/install/install.aspx to run to setup teh DB and config string.

I might try 1.9 in a few minutes and see if that helps.
13 年 前
i am having same problem I have changed the connection string and i get the error saying the table exists in fact i had a look at the database the tables exist but i dont have a full install i have tried 1.9 with no luck
13 年 前
Not sure if you are having an issue, but I own and use http://www.noptm.com dedicated nopCommerce Shopping Cart Hosting
13 年 前
The problem is in machine.config, but it's not accessible to you. You have to contact the hosting support
13 年 前
thanks - left this for a week or so but this is the conclusion i came to - I'll get in touch and hopefully report back here
13 年 前
I got it to work. You have to go to your ConnectionStrings.Config file and make these changes.

Add this line to ConnectionStrings.Config:

<add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="your connection string"/>  

get "your connection string" info from the existing NopSqlConnection connection string.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.