Adding Delete Button to Mini Cart

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 年 前
I am attempting to add a delete btn to the mini cart module. And for the life of me I cannot get it to call the post back function. I am using a LinkButton to do this.

//This is my button on the .ascx file

<asp:LinkButton runat="server" ID="btnProductDelete" CssClass="buttons btn_style3 left shopping-cart-delete">
    <div>
        <span><asp:Literal runat="server">&nbsp;X&nbsp;</asp:Literal></span>
    </div>
</asp:LinkButton>

//On the .cs file inside the lvCart_ItemDataBound function I added this:

var btnProductDelete = dataItem.FindControl("btnProductDelete") as LinkButton;
if (btnProductDelete != null)
{
    btnProductDelete.Command += new CommandEventHandler (lvCart_ItemDeleteCommand);
}

//Then I added the call back function named lvCart_ItemDeleteCommand

protected void lvCart_ItemDeleteCommand(object sender, CommandEventArgs e)
{
    this.DisplayAlertMessage(GetLocaleResourceString("Products.ProductHasBeenAddedToTheCart"));    
}

I added the alert message to validate that it is in fact working. But I cannot get this function to be called. I have tried dozens of different things. If there is anyone that can give me some direction as to getting my button to delete an item from the mini cart I would be very greatful. Or this function to get called with any of the items in the cart.

Thanks,
Brennan
13 年 前
The following is for version 1.90 and the changes from your code are underlined.

In Modules\MiniShoppingCartBox.ascx, enable viewstate for the ListView (lvCart):
<asp:ListView ID="lvCart" runat="server" OnItemDataBound="lvCart_ItemDataBound" EnableViewState="true">

and add OnCommand="lvCart_ItemDeleteCommand" to the Link Button:
<asp:LinkButton runat="server" ID="btnProductDelete" OnCommand="lvCart_ItemDeleteCommand" 
     CssClass="buttons btn_style3 left shopping-cart-delete">
    <div>
        <span>
            <asp:Literal ID="Literal1" runat="server">&nbsp;X&nbsp;</asp:Literal></span>
    </div>
</asp:LinkButton>

In Modules\MiniShoppingCartBox.ascx.cs, set the CommandArgument for the link button in lvCart_ItemDataBound:
var btnProductDelete = dataItem.FindControl("btnProductDelete") as LinkButton;
if (btnProductDelete != null)
{
    //btnProductDelete.Command += new CommandEventHandler(lvCart_ItemDeleteCommand);
    btnProductDelete.CommandArgument = sci.ShoppingCartItemId.ToString();
}

Updated method lvCart_ItemDeleteCommand:
{
    int commandShoppingCartItemId;
    if (int.TryParse(e.CommandArgument.ToString(), out commandShoppingCartItemId))
    {
        this.ShoppingCartService.DeleteShoppingCartItem(commandShoppingCartItemId, true);
    }

this.DisplayAlertMessage(GetLocaleResourceString("Products.ProductHasBeenAddedToTheCart"));
}

You may want to change the alert message to indicate that the item was removed from the cart instead of added to it.

---

If anyone else implement this functionality, ensure the setting Display.ItemsInMiniShoppingCart is set to true in Administration > Configuration > All Settings > (on page 4) and you will need to recompile the NopCommerceStore project (using source version of nopCommerce).

13 年 前
Bam! Worked perfect. Thank you much sir. I sure do appreciate it. It looks like all I was missing from updated tries and what you had was the EnableViewState="true", silly how one little thing can make or break it.

Thanks again.
13 年 前
I found a bug in this implementation. If you delete the item from the mini-cart and and you have the OrderSummary page open, the item does not get removed.
To resolve that I pushing a redirect to the orderSummary

{
            int commandShoppingCartItemId;
            if (int.TryParse(e.CommandArgument.ToString(), out commandShoppingCartItemId))
            {
                this.ShoppingCartService.DeleteShoppingCartItem(commandShoppingCartItemId, true);
            }

Response.Redirect(SEOHelper.GetShoppingCartUrl());
            //this.DisplayAlertMessage(GetLocaleResourceString("Products.ProductHasBeenDeletedToTheCart"));
        }

Not the best solution I guess but it avoid user confusing. If you have a better solution please share :)

Joel.
9 年 前
Hi,

does anyone know how to make this work in 3.4?
9 年 前
ssc wrote:
Hi,

does anyone know how to make this work in 3.4?

Try almost same thing like this

Instead of td just add following

@if (Model.IsEditable)
{
    <td>                              
    <input class="remove-item-cart-btn" type="button" value="Remove" data-itemid="@item.Id"/>
    </td>
}

use following

<div class="remove">
       <a href="/ShoppingCart/RemoveShippingCartItem" data-itemid="@item.Id">Remove</a>
</div>

And instead of
 $this.parent('.cart-item-row').hide()

use following line

$this.parent('div.item').hide()
9 年 前
Hi,

thanks for your help. Here is my finalized version:

In ShoppingCartController:

[HttpPost]
        public ActionResult RemoveProductFromCart_Catalog(int id)
        {
            var shoppingCartItem = _workContext.CurrentCustomer.ShoppingCartItems
                  .Where(sci => sci.ShoppingCartType == ShoppingCartType.ShoppingCart && sci.Id == id)
                  .LimitPerStore(_storeContext.CurrentStore.Id).FirstOrDefault();
            _shoppingCartService.DeleteShoppingCartItem(shoppingCartItem, ensureOnlyActiveCheckoutAttributes: true);

//display notification message and update appropriate blocks
            var updatetopcartsectionhtml = string.Format(_localizationService.GetResource("ShoppingCart.HeaderQuantity"),
                 _workContext.CurrentCustomer.ShoppingCartItems
                 .Where(sci => sci.ShoppingCartType == ShoppingCartType.ShoppingCart)
                 .LimitPerStore(_storeContext.CurrentStore.Id)
                 .ToList()
                 .GetTotalProducts());
            var updateflyoutcartsectionhtml = _shoppingCartSettings.MiniShoppingCartEnabled
                ? this.RenderPartialViewToString("FlyoutShoppingCart", PrepareMiniShoppingCartModel())
                : "";

return Json(new
            {
                success = true,
                message = string.Format(_localizationService.GetResource("Products.ProductHasBeenAddedToTheCart.Link"), Url.RouteUrl("ShoppingCart")),
                updatetopcartsectionhtml = updatetopcartsectionhtml,
                updateflyoutcartsectionhtml = updateflyoutcartsectionhtml
            });
        }

In FlyoutShoppingCart:

<div data-itemid="@item.Id" class="item @(i == 0 ? "first" : null) row"> 

<div class="remove">
                          <input class="remove-item-cart-btn" type="button" value="Remove" data-itemid="@item.Id" />
                      </div>

In Header.cshtml:

<script type="text/javascript">
    $(document).ready(function ()
    {
        $("#flyout-cart-parent").on("click", '.remove-item-cart-btn', function ()
        {
            alert("test");
            var $this = $(this);
            $.ajax(
            {
                url: "@Url.Action("RemoveProductFromCart_Catalog", "ShoppingCart")",
                type: 'POST',
                data:
                {
                    id: $this.data('itemid')
                },
                success: function (data, textStatus, jqXHR)
                {
                    $("#flyout-cart").replaceWith(data.updateflyoutcartsectionhtml);
                    jQuery.each($(".cart-qty"), function (i, val) {
                        $(val).text(data.updatetopcartsectionhtml);
                    });
                }
            });
        });
    });
</script>

In HeaderLinks.cshtml:

Here I just added the ID to this line.
<li id="flyout-cart-parent">@Html.Action("FlyoutShoppingCart", "ShoppingCart")</li>
6 年 前
Does anyone know how to do this in version 3.90?

Thanks
6 年 前
delete from original post. please pm me.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.