Grouped Product reviews - after purchase set.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 年 前
I am having an issue with Product review (after purchase set) in the following scenario (on NOP 4.2...)

Grouped downloadable digital products with simple associated variants for different languages (works well!) - orders process ok to completed status, item appears in downloads but Customer cannot provide a review on the main product - error message  "Product can be reviewed only after purchasing it". But they have, albeit a variant product! Both Grouped and associated simple products set to allow reviews...

Since simple product variants are only way to purchase, how should reviews be configured to handle this use case?

Anyone got any clues  as it is essential for the business model.
Many thanks
3 年 前
I'm having the same problem. At least 70% of my products are multiple simple products in a group. But customers cannot leave a review on the "Grouped Product" SKU while they did indeed purchase a simple product in that group.
I would hate to say anonymous users can leave a review and open it up to hackers.
Can any of you experts answer this very important question?
3 年 前
I solved my problem to my satisfaction at this time. Pending see what happens with spammers.
There are these four choices.

Product reviews must be approved  Ticked
Allow anonymous users to write product reviews  UnTicked
Product review possible only after product purchasing  UnTicked
Notify about new product reviews  Ticked
3 年 前
Thanks for your workaround. As a short term measure I will use it but i do think this is a logical design flaw and should be fixed by the team in the next release cycle as I am unhappy with the potential work checking reviews and filtering out non customer / spammer ones....

I would happily amend the code (am a dev) and share and would welcome feedback from the NOP team on where to start as my non earning time is limited as I am sure they would understand. Any clues NOP team?
3 年 前
eamesy wrote:
Thanks for your workaround. As a short term measure I will use it but i do think this is a logical design flaw and should be fixed by the team in the next release cycle as I am unhappy with the potential work checking reviews and filtering out non customer / spammer ones....

I would happily amend the code (am a dev) and share and would welcome feedback from the NOP team on where to start as my non earning time is limited as I am sure they would understand. Any clues NOP team?

If you have recapcha enabled on the reviews, then  you shouldn't get any spam.
3 年 前
Yes I do have recapcha enabled anyway but good point...
3 年 前
Eamesy, I see that you mentioned your a programmer. I'm not sure how much you have used NOPC, but maybe you know the answer to this thread that has been haunting me for years now about reward points not working.
https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/boards/topic/46833/reward-points-not-working-on-purchase

TC
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.