Visual Studio deploys old version

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 年 前
I made my own webshop with Nopcommerce 4.2
The first deploy with visual studio 2019(with FTP) was succesfully.

I coded locally, to get a better overview. But now, if I want to deploy the webshop to ionos(my hosting company), every time I deploy the site, the old version from the webapplication(the version, when I deployed the first time) appears.

I already tried to clean and Rebuild the solution, and also to create a new publish profile in Visual studio.

Can someone help me?
3 年 前
I was thinking a longer time because of that problem.
But now, I wondered if it could be a problem, that I copied the whole nopcommerce-folder and I am coding on the copy.
So maybe there is an old path, so it will never get published, what I am coding right now, because the real nopcommerce folder gets published.

Could this be true?
3 年 前
I don't think it's the problem with the copied version. I just published the original one, and I have the same issue.

What I also can say is, that I have problems with the rebuild of the program, I always get the error, that a plugin system name is already defined.
That issue I can remove when I clear the plugin folder in Nop.Web
3 年 前
I suggest you 'publish' to a local drive first, and then you can test it (run the  Nop.Web.exe).
(Your local \App_Data files should reflect your local DB / installed plugins.)

If it looks good locally, then you can FTP that published copy to production  (but not the \App_Data files).
3 年 前
Oh thank you, that helps me a lot, so I don't have to publish 2 hours and then I have to see, that my changes were not useful.

Can you help me to publish the correct version of my website, too?
That's the real problem here. The website gets published, but it's the version of the first publish I ever made
3 年 前
That does not make any sense
VS will pubish the version (solution) you have open ?

After you have published to the local directory and checked that is the correct version
Then just copy that local publish to your production host
No need to publish again unless you make changes

If you continue to make changes publish again to the local directory
Then  only copy the files that have changed to you production host
3 年 前
In the Visual Studio out put log, check the folder to which the binaries are getting generated. Compare this date modified of the dll with the date modified on the FTP deployment (both source and destination).

Most likely the compiled dlls are going to one path and publishing of dlls happening from another path.
3 年 前
@Yidna,

my problem is, i get the old version when I use the Nop.exe
3 年 前
How can I see the path where the dll's get compiled and which dll's get published?
3 年 前
KletterturmWeizenkirchen wrote:
How can I see the path where the dll's get compiled and which dll's get published?

Visual Studio should display the path in its Output window during the build / publish.  If your Output Window is not visible you can open it under View / Output, or with Ctrl+Alt+O
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.