Install Error

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 年 前
Hello All.  I'm new to nopCommerce but excitesd about it's potential.  However, I need some help to get throught the install phase.  I'm using nopCommerce 1.90 and I'm hosting it on Godaddy shared windows hosting right now featuring MS SQL Server 2005.  I get as far as the 3rd screen where I'm supposed specify the name and IP address for the server and the authentification method.  The Server Name is autofilled as soon as the page loads.  I check the Windows Authentification radio button, click next, and the install times out with the following screen:

Server Error in '/commerce' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Request timed out.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Request timed out.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Request timed out.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Anybody have any idea what is going on?  Thanx in asdvance for all your help.
13 年 前
You cannot install nopCommerce 1.9 on godaddy because godaddy doesn't offer 4.0 framework, it only supports 3.5 - NopCommerce 1.6 was based on 3.5 so for now you can install 1.6version on your server.

If you want to install 1.9 then you can install it on your local machine.
13 年 前
Godaddy does now offer ASP.NET 4.0 but nc 1.9 still won't install.   After I posted I did a forum search on Godaddy and found a couple of relatively convoluted work arounds.  However, since this is a new as opposed to an existing site I'm wondering about the wisdom of going forward with a host that might not be committed to supporting nc.  Who would you (anybody) reccomend?  Does anyone have any experience with the hosters listed on the home page?

Thanx in advance for all your help.
13 年 前
You have to install with Go Daddy under the hosting connection. Add it to your apps and it should be okay. It only takes a few minutes for them to install it for you.
13 年 前
Thanx.  I'll check it out and see what happens.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.