Include products from subcategories not working in Nop 4.3

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
1 年間の 前
"Include products from subcategories" is not working as I would expect it to do in Nopcommerce 4.3

The setting is enabled, but just like is described here:

https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/boards/topic/84934/products-from-sub-sub-category-not-showing-on-main-category

The main category does not show the products, it comes as empty but the next level down shows the available products in subcategories under them, is this a bug in 4.3 or am I missing something
1 年間の 前
I've just tested it. Everything works fine, all products (from subcategories) are loaded
1 年間の 前
What could be the reason for this happening to my site then?

The sub-category with the red box has 4 sub-categories and there are 42 products within those, but no products are being loaded

If I view one of those sub-categories I get all of the products

It looks like that this only works if you have one subcategory but not more, it only loads the products from the next subcategory not the products from other sub categories within those.
1 年間の 前
Does this setting "Load products from subcategories" only apply to the second last subcategory?

It looks like it only works on the second to last category, is that by design?

1 年間の 前
yes, you are right, its works like this,

but you can do one thing, you can change the setting Include products from subcategories
to make a bool value true as per the ScreenShot

you can change the setting from the given URL too
http://yourstore.com/Admin/Setting/Catalog

If you change this setting, it will display all subcategories Product too

as per your example
if you click on Main- category 1  > subcategory-category 2

if have products in main category1 so it will display all products , as well as it will also display all the products of subcategory-category 2
1 年間の 前
Thanks for the answer Ilyas. My problem is that this setting is enabled but it does not show the products from subcategories if the category tree is deeper than one subcategory.

Is that problem only for me or is this by design? I can´t check it out on the Nopcommerce demo site because it only has one subcategory from the main category.
1 年間の 前
bvWebmaster wrote:
My problem is that this setting is enabled but it does not show the products from subcategories if the category tree is deeper than one subcategory.

I have created a category and subcategory  as per your Image and it shows category and subcategory products too

bvWebmaster wrote:

Is that problem only for me or is this by design? I can´t check it out on the Nopcommerce demo site because it only has one subcategory from the main category.

you can do one thing , you can setup the NopC into IIS of fresh code and create some category and test that .

did you have done some customization or any third party plugin which is related to the category or menu ?
1 年間の 前
"I have created a category and subcategory  as per your Image and it shows category and subcategory products too "

Great, could you post some screenshots of a main category including a product thats only in sub sub  category?
1 年間の 前
bvWebmaster wrote:

Great, could you post some screenshots of the main category including a product that's only in sub sub category?

again correcting it will show the Main category and its sub-category products
as you wrote sub sub category , so sub sub category products will not display , for that you need to customize  :D

please click here to check the screenshot
1 年間の 前
OK, I am sorry for my confusion but this makes no sense at all, any subcategory after the main one is a subcategory even if it´s a subcategory of a subcategory so when you enable this setting "Include products from subcategories" it should include products from every subcategory.

I would recommend changing the description of this setting to "Include products from next direct subcategories" or better yet make it include every product of every subcategory because why shouldn't it?.

Sub sub category means subcategory of a subcategory, maybe it´s just being lost in translation.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.