How to install nopCommerce using Go Daddy

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 年 前
Try to disable the other aplication and run nopcom. again
12 年 前
Do you mean to delete the web.config in the root?
12 年 前
Hey I deleted that web.config and its working..

But I need to have that web.config as thats the root application and this is an add-on.

Any comments?
12 年 前
deleted
12 年 前
Using IIS, give the site an Application Name.

There is currently not one, that is why you are receiving that error message.

Andrew SQLDBA
12 年 前
You mean that you mixed two web apps in the same directory? You did not place each into its own directory?

Andrew SQLDBA
12 年 前
I placed NopCommere in a directory and in the root there is a web.config file which is for the Parent application. But whenever I add the web.config. I am unable to access NopCommerce.

For Now, I moved the Parent app into a directory and removed the web.config from the root directory and it works But as soon as I place the web.config back I get errors.
12 年 前
AndrewSQLDBA wrote:
You mean that you mixed two web apps in the same directory? You did not place each into its own directory?

Andrew SQLDBA

Hi can anyone please answer these questions for me?

1. Can the NopCommerce be installed in the root directory??? If YES, is it a good idea?

2. If installed in a folder ex: "mydomain.com/nop" can i do anything to hide the directory? website name to still show "mydomain.com" not "mydomain.com/nop"

I have seen the installation steps but GoDaddy installs NOP as an application, isn't that the ideal way to install it and then do the configuration?

Sorry for the silly questions, responses will be much appreciated as i am about to install Nop.

Cheers
Pheel Good
12 年 前
We are curious.  

We already have nop 1.6 running with GoDaddy, so after we upgrade to nop 1.9 can we reinstall the DB with our products, categories, etc?  Or will we have to rebuild everything?

TIA!

Rob and Troy
12 年 前
Did you solve this one SpeedMonster?

I have had best success with GoDaddy hosting by setting up my sites in virtual directories and leaving the root empty.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.