Help Creating New Module

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 anos atrás
Good Day,
              I am trying to create a new module that I can use to change the format and the information of the products displayed on the home page. (similar to the HomePageProducts module)

(I am using version 1.20)

I copied the HomePageProducts module and renamed it to UpcomingEvents and made the following changes to the code

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UpcomingEvents.ascx
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"
    Inherits="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.UpcomingEventsControl" Codebehind="UpcomingEvents.ascx.cs" %>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UpcomingEvents.ascx.cs
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Changed the line

public partial class HomepageProductsControl : BaseNopUserControl
    {

to

public partial class UpcomingEventsControl : BaseNopUserControl
    {

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UpcomingEvents.ascx.designer.cs
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

changed the line

public partial class HomePageProductsControl {

to

public partial class UpcomingEventsControl {

and finally on the

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Default.aspx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Added
<%@ Register TagPrefix="nopCommerce" TagName="UpcomingEvents" Src="~/Modules/UpcomingEvents.ascx" %>

<nopCommerce:UpcomingEvents ID="ctrlUpcomingEvents" runat="server" />
    <div class="clear">
    </div>

I Rebuild the nopCommerceStore

and copy the files the version I have installed online (used the no_source version to deploy)

When I go to the home page I get the following error

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could not load type 'NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.UpcomingEventsControl'.

What am I doing wrong?
14 anos atrás
Anyone Created a new module yet?
I tried following some tutorials creating user controls, but still isn't working, anyone have any idea?
14 anos atrás
Hi,

I think you are not recompiling the code properly are you using visual studio? what you are doing looks correct.

mike..
14 anos atrás
Hi Mike,
            Thanks a lot for your response, I just figured out what I was doing wrong.

In case any of you had the same problem the mistake I was making is that I copied across the new User Control (.ascx file) but I did not update the files in /bin folder.

After you recompile and publish some of the files in the /bin folders may also be updated, so you must remember to copy across those files as well.

Again Mike, thanks a lot for your assistance.

I at least hope that this post may help someone else in case they make the same error.

Shawn
14 anos atrás
I am using 1.40 and having the same issue.

Getting Error:

Parser Error Message: 'NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.ProductGridAdd' is not allowed here because it does not extend class 'System.Web.UI.UserControl'.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" Inherits="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.ProductGridAdd" CodeBehind="ProductGridAdd.ascx.cs" %>
Line 2:  <%@ Register TagPrefix="nopCommerce" TagName="SimpleTextBox" Src="~/Modules/SimpleTextBox.ascx" %>
Line 3:  <%@ Register TagPrefix="nopCommerce" TagName="NumericTextBox" Src="~/Modules/NumericTextBox.ascx" %>

Source File: /Modules/ProductGridAdd.ascx    Line: 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4200; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4016

I followed the same procudures as in this Forum thread except my Control name is ProductGridAdd...

Any ideas were to look for the issue would be welcome.

Thanks, Vince
14 anos atrás
Forget it - As previous post it was a mistake on my part.  Spelling error in CS page...
14 anos atrás
Its those case sensitive names again isn't it!
14 anos atrás
You've got it!  Very Frustrating but sticking with it.

Hours waisted with the case sensitivity...

I think I am going to try creating that custom ProductVariantGrid so far so good once I got past this error!
14 anos atrás
Visual Studio should "red squiggely" any errors with names so you really shouldn't have this issue.
14 anos atrás
Some reason it is not showing me until I compile it - then I look and it looks the same until I look REALLY close and see the Lowercase.

Thanks for the tip!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.