New Home Page

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 anos atrás
I need to change Home page and I since I don't want to modify existing default.aspx I created a new one (default2.aspx). What is the best way to reference this new page as a Home page throughout the application?
14 anos atrás
I would not recommend doing this as Default.aspx is a default document in IIS.

I am curious as to what you need to change in Default.aspx as most changes (styles etc.) should be implemented on individual user controls (see ~/Modules) or on master pages (see ~/MasterPages).

Either way, rename the normal default.aspx page to default.aspx.old and then use your version as default.aspx.

Hope this helps.
Ben
14 anos atrás
Ben,
What I want to achieve is to create a system that will allow easy upgrade to the future new releases. Adding the pages instead of just changing them made sense to me. After installing a new upgrade I would just copy my files as opposed to get into the job of making the same modifications to the pages from the upgraded version. This leads me to the new question: What is the recommended way of modifying the application if I want to propagate them to the new version?

Just to answer your question: In default.aspx I wanted to change masterpage reference, remove some controls, add my controls.

Thank you for your help.
Dragan
14 anos atrás
HI Dragan,
I don't know if you came right, but have a look at the post I created tdya with regards to a third Column in The Masterpage. You can use this Same Solution to implement what you are looking to achieve. It cam then also be added to the Admin settings

https://www.nopcommerce.com/Boards/Topic.aspx?TopicID=1726
regards
Sean
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.