Cancel Order Feature

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 anos atrás
Does the new version of Nop Commerce have the "Cancel Order" feature where the customer can cancel an order after they have placed the order and the order status is still pending?? I saw a post that was created an year back with title "Please help me understand a few features in nopCommerce" and in one of the post's nop commerce team member said the feature is there but that was with an older version of nop commerce but does the new version also have that feature as I can't see the option after placing an order.
12 anos atrás
kchugh wrote:
Does the new version of Nop Commerce have the "Cancel Order" feature where the customer can cancel an order after they have placed the order and the order status is still pending?? I saw a post that was created an year back with title "Please help me understand a few features in nopCommerce" and in one of the post's nop commerce team member said the feature is there but that was with an older version of nop commerce but does the new version also have that feature as I can't see the option after placing an order.

Have you checked the Return Request in admin>configuration>settings>other settings>return request tab?
Maybe you can use it but may requires some customization. Check demo admin:
http://admin-demo.nopcommerce.com/Admin/Setting/Order

Check this too
12 anos atrás
Thanks for replying back. I looked at the links that you posted. The feature that you are pointing at is if an admin wants to cancel a customer order. I was wondering if the same feature exists for a customer who has recently placed an order and wants to cancel it himself.
11 anos atrás
Hello,

yes I was wondering this as surely the customer if logged into to their account when they go to Order and then Order Detail there should also be an option to Cancel order as well as the current Re-Order button?

othewise how does a customer cancel it, if they decide they have made a mistake? Contact the stores customer services and then they cancel it?

This can't be the only way.

many thanks

Maxine
11 anos atrás
MaxiLou83 wrote:

othewise how does a customer cancel it, if they decide they have made a mistake? Contact the stores customer services and then they cancel it?

This can't be the only way.

many thanks

Maxine

Yes it is the only way. Only administrators can cancel orders
11 anos atrás
Hi,

Thanks Eduardo for confirming. In a way I think because cancel is kind of the same as a Refund because you will be refunding the customer, it seems a little strange to have both options and should just be refund instead and not have cancel appear anywhere.

thanks
7 anos atrás
Hello is a little old topic here, but it is still up to date, especially since users already have the experience that in some ecommerce like Amazon there is the possibility to cancel (early) their orders by themselves.

Everyone knows that since the order is placed until it is processed there´s a period of time in which it is posible for the store to cancel the order. The purchase should not to be a non-return process.

I suppose this is done by setting a delay in the payment before being processed or automatically managing a refund when the payment by card has been made. If it is payment by transfer or other options should be equally viable.

It is more intuitive to the public and takes away worry.

...as a suggestion.

Regards!
7 anos atrás
This is old topic but still if someone wants to integrate the cancel option for customer then i can help them as i have done this for my store.
7 anos atrás
You can check the topic https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/46043/cancel-order-feature-for-customers-in-nopcommerce.aspx for more information.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.