Restrict product attribute selection by shipping method

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 anos atrás
Hi all,
I have a need to only allow a product attribute (assembly of the product) to be selected if the shipping method is in store pickup. I guess another way to look at it would be to restrict the shipping methods if the assembly product attribute is applied to any item in the cart.

Is there any way to do this without core customisations?

Greg
11 anos atrás
gkennedy1 wrote:
... to restrict the shipping methods if the assembly product attribute is applied to any item in the cart.

This can be done with Shipping Director

It's a little tricky because these attributes are stored in XML - there is an AttributesXml on the Shopping Cart Item.  So, it would be a little effort to find the correct syntax, but Shipping Director can do SelectSingleNode on XML to pull it.  Here's a sample of what I've done on a Checkout Attribute:

customer.CheckoutAttributes.SelectSingleNode("/Attributes/CheckoutAttribute[ @ID='3']/CheckoutAttributeValue/Value").InnerText

I can assist you if you're interested.
11 anos atrás
Thanks, I'll grab the trial and have a go
11 anos atrás
I've blogged about your scenario : Exclude Shipping Methods by Specification Attribute

(UPDATE: I've updated the title of the above blog to indicate "Specification" attribute, rather than "Product" Attribute, and created a new blog for the latter - see below)
11 anos atrás
The above blog shows how to check a Specification Attribute.
To avoid any confusion, I've posted a new blog about the above shipping scenario checking a Product (Variant) Attribute, because I think that was the real question:  Exclude Shipping Methods by Product (Variant) Attribute
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.