Multi-vendor roadmap. Let's discuss (UPDATE: done)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 anos atrás
I think you should make a work item for adding PayPal Chained Payments to pay the vendors.  It could be part of the paypal plugin for Nopcommerce, or it could be a new one.  The amazing thing about this would be that the customer would only get one charge from the main store, but the vendors would get paid automatically so they could ship the goods.  However, they would not get the customers credit card info, the store would be making the payment.  

Andrei, would you be willing to consider this?  It wouldn't even have to be for this version, but if it is implemented I am sure the amount of people using Nopcommerce vendor option would increase drastically!

You can't go wrong using a product from Paypal and following amazon. :)

PayPal Chained Payments
[url] https://www.x.com/developers/paypal/documentation-tools/adaptive-payments/integration-guide/APIntro[/url]
11 anos atrás
Tim2376 wrote:
I think you should make a work item for adding PayPal Chained Payments to pay the vendors.  It could be part of the stardard paypal plugin, or it could be a new one.  The amazing thing about this would be that the customer would only get one charge from the main store, the vendors would get paid so they could ship the goods.  However, they would not get the customers credit card info, the store would be making the payment.  

Andrei, would you be willing to consider this?  It wouldn't even have to be for this version, but if it is implemented I am sure the amount of people using Nopcommerce vendor option would increase drastically!

You can't go wrong using a product from Paypal and following amazon. :)

PayPal Chained Payments
[url] https://www.x.com/developers/paypal/documentation-tools/adaptive-payments/integration-guide/APIntro[/url]

The work item is already here. You can vote for it. But I don't think that it'll ever be available out of the box. Developers who need it will have to manually integrate it. First of all, PayPal is not the only payment gateway in the world, there are a lot of other ones which do not support chained payments. Second, there are a lot of scenarios when a system won't know how to split payments. For example, when a gift card, reward points, some complex discount rules were used, etc. And there could a lot of other pitfalls...

Please see the original point 4 here. Payment processing. The money goes to the merchant account of the root store administrator who then manually distributes funds among the vendors according to the history of orders, which is tracked and managed separately for each provider. This way the customer would only see one charge from the main company. Any other implementation will be too complex right now.
11 anos atrás
Why are the export options in the admin order list page disabled for vendor users?
I guess it is related to the fact that exports should also be filtered per vendor?

I do think it would be very useful for vendors to export their (part of the) orders?

for example for importing in their own systems etc?

PS: workitem created: http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/11371 ;-)
11 anos atrás
a.m. wrote:
You can vote for it.

Thanks for showing me, I did not see the work item.  I see that it is more complicated than I thought.  If it was implemented, store owners would have to use Paypal, and those who where in countries that did not have PayPal would have to use the manual option.
11 anos atrás
also created work item for some report/export for store admin user that calculates sum of order amounts per vendor per day/week/month/.

store owner could use this report export to run a daily/weekly/monthly payment payout using his banking software.

http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/11372
11 anos atrás
a.m. wrote:
Now we have the model of a Consolidated Order (products from all vendors in one order). Make it configurable to have the Separate Orders model (one order per vendor), which would require the following...
I'm not sure that it'll ever be supported out of the box. But please vote here

Thank you Andrei. We are facing a request for a private market place (preregistered vendors and buyers) with the features as I outlined.
11 anos atrás
Do you have a copy of nopCommerce that doesn't implement multiple-vendor support, with all the recent non-vendor changes? Not everyone needs/wants the added options, but still wants to use nopCommerce.
11 anos atrás
nbrglobalinc wrote:
Do you have a copy of nopCommerce that doesn't implement multiple-vendor support, with all the recent non-vendor changes? Not everyone needs/wants the added options, but still wants to use nopCommerce.

It is very time expensive to maintain several versions. But with ACL some options could be hidden for non multi-store/vendor users.
11 anos atrás
eadameg wrote:
It is very time expensive to maintain several versions. But with ACL some options could be hidden for non multi-store/vendor users.

Maybe sell it as a premium service?
11 anos atrás
nbrglobalinc wrote:

The latest version of nopCommerce that doesn't implement multiple-vendor support is 2.80.

Agree with Eduardo. If you don't need some features/options in nopCommerce, then just don't use them. Nobody makes you to use them.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.