Problems with managing users

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 anos atrás
Hi All,

Sorry to be asking such basic, newbie questions, but I've only just installed the package and immediately ran into these problems (which may or may not be related?).

1)  How can I change the default login ([email protected] / admin)?  I've looked everywhere, but I can't seem to find a way to edit or delete this; I'd like at least to change the password, ideally delete the whole account, for obvious security reasons.  I'm guessing I need to change the settings for that account, but for some reason it's not showing up on the customer list (Customers > Manage customers) and I can't find any other way of doing this.

2)  I then thought of creating another user and just deleting the default one, but although I've created a new account and given it admin rights (and this does show up on the customer list) I can't log in using the credentials so that's little use to me.  Even then I still would need to find a way to delete the old default account, but as I said in (1) I can't seem to find a way to do so...

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers,
roob
14 anos atrás
If you are using date ranges to search for users (Customers > Manage customers), the "Registration from" date needs to be set to at least 10/15/2008 to include the default admin user in the results (the user doesn't get inserted with the install date).

14 anos atrás
Thanks! :-)  I simply extended the date range backwards by a couple of years, and that did the trick.  Simple when you know how...  ;-)

PS:  Is this documented somewhere?  Just asking, as I clearly wasn't looking for the answer in the right place.
14 anos atrás
PS:
Incidentally, I also discovered why I couldn't log into my newly created account - it wasn't set as 'active'.  It seems extraordinary that you have to go and manually activate a new account before it works; would seem more sensible that this was done by default, but I guess that's just one of those things that certain large software companies call 'features' (aka. bugs!)...  ;-)
14 anos atrás
Hi roob,

I'm facing the exactly same issue - re: cannot login in my newly created store with default account. Where exactly I can set it to "active"? I use goDaddy for hosting and install was dome automagically... CS is silent (it's X-mas in Russia today, so I'm not surprised).

Thanks
Kirill
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.