paypal direct - shipping address

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 anos atrás
If you send the shipping address to paypal with the direct api, you can print shipping labels from paypal. works pretty well.

I enabled this in the store with just a few lines of code:

In PaypaldirectPaymentProcesssor:AuthorizeOrSale, add this:

if (sendShippingAddress && paymentInfo.ShippingAddress != null)
            {
                details.PaymentDetails.ShipToAddress = new AddressType();
                details.PaymentDetails.ShipToAddress.CountrySpecified = true;
                details.PaymentDetails.ShipToAddress.Street1 = paymentInfo.ShippingAddress.Address1;
                details.PaymentDetails.ShipToAddress.Street2 = paymentInfo.ShippingAddress.Address2;
                details.PaymentDetails.ShipToAddress.CityName = paymentInfo.ShippingAddress.City;
                if (paymentInfo.ShippingAddress.StateProvince != null)
                    details.PaymentDetails.ShipToAddress.StateOrProvince = paymentInfo.ShippingAddress.StateProvince.Abbreviation;
                details.PaymentDetails.ShipToAddress.Country = GetPaypalCountryCodeType(paymentInfo.ShippingAddress.Country);
                details.PaymentDetails.ShipToAddress.PostalCode = paymentInfo.ShippingAddress.ZipPostalCode;
                details.PaymentDetails.ShipToAddress.Name = paymentInfo.ShippingAddress.FirstName + " " + paymentInfo.ShippingAddress.LastName;

}

I added the "sendShippingAddress" as a boolean value pulled from the settings db, so you can turn this feature on or off.
14 anos atrás
hey boomhauer-

Thanks, that's awesome! I am going to try to implement it right now.

I hate entering this information and I assumed it was a problem with the IPN integration that was going to be fixed in the soon to be release 1.5!

Update:

I tried to copy and paste the code into the method you described:
AuthorizeOrSale
but it seemed that one of the variables you provided was out of scope for me, maybe you could clarify.

sendShippingAddress 
throws: "This variable doesn't appear in this context..."

14 anos atrás
I added that variable as a switch that is turned off or on via the app settings.. you can elimnate it if you want the shipping info to always be sent. should be no problem.
14 anos atrás
I see, ok for now Ill try without it, but I want the switch I would just create it in the "admin-->all settings" to enter it into the database as a new parameter?

No way it's that easy?

Good work this was one of the big things I was looking forward too in 1.5, at least if it doesn't get fixed I can fall back on this!
14 anos atrás
Nope, youll need to add a section to the InitSettings (i believe it is called...) method to load the setting.
14 anos atrás
Ok! Thanks, most importantly, I'm curious if there is another line I can add to include emails collected by my store so that customers will receive the tracking number after it is generated by Paypal.

I know I need to learn the IPN API or wait for a fixed version of nopCommerce to include the IPN fix.
14 anos atrás
entered the following, tried a test order, no shipping info in Paypal?:

protected void AuthorizeOrSale(PaymentInfo paymentInfo, Customer customer, Guid OrderGuid, ProcessPaymentResult processPaymentResult, bool authorizeOnly)
{
                   ....this is a long method so left a lot out.

else
{
processPaymentResult.Error = error;
processPaymentResult.FullError = error;
}

//new code at the end of the method

if (paymentInfo.ShippingAddress != null)
{
details.PaymentDetails.ShipToAddress = new AddressType();
details.PaymentDetails.ShipToAddress.CountrySpecified = true;
details.PaymentDetails.ShipToAddress.Street1 = paymentInfo.ShippingAddress.Address1;
details.PaymentDetails.ShipToAddress.Street2 = paymentInfo.ShippingAddress.Address2;
details.PaymentDetails.ShipToAddress.CityName = paymentInfo.ShippingAddress.City;
if (paymentInfo.ShippingAddress.StateProvince != null)
  details.PaymentDetails.ShipToAddress.StateOrProvince = paymentInfo.ShippingAddress.StateProvince.Abbreviation;
  details.PaymentDetails.ShipToAddress.Country = GetPaypalCountryCodeType(paymentInfo.ShippingAddress.Country);
  details.PaymentDetails.ShipToAddress.PostalCode = paymentInfo.ShippingAddress.ZipPostalCode;
  details.PaymentDetails.ShipToAddress.Name = paymentInfo.ShippingAddress.FirstName + " " + paymentInfo.ShippingAddress.LastName;

}

}

14 anos atrás
jbc, look at the code, that's too far down - the transaction has already been sent!

put the new block just after:

details.PaymentDetails.OrderTotal.currencyID = PaypalHelper.GetPaypalCurrency(CurrencyManager.PrimaryStoreCurrency);
            details.PaymentDetails.Custom = OrderGuid.ToString();
            details.PaymentDetails.ButtonSource = "nopCommerceCart";

(or, anywhere in the section of the code where the request is being populated)

Brady
14 anos atrás
I'm starting to get a lot of issues with "No Shipping Required" occurring when the customer checks out!

This is a real pain. Since I have to contact customers whom have different shipping addresses than billing. I don't know for sure, but I don't remember this happening before I implemented this code.

So I'm going to go ahead and disable it and see what happens.
14 anos atrás
wow that's itneresting.. i havent had any reports of this with out site...
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.