Multilingual texts

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
15 anos atrás
Hi, all!
I have followed the developement of thos work for a long time now, and I'm impressed of the work you have done and the speed of developement!
I guess ypu have plans to develope a multilingual approch to texts in products as well, and I see forward to that.

akaas
15 anos atrás
What I have done in my former applications is to estabish a table with texts only. The key to this table is: TextId, FromId (lets say 'Prd' for products), and the LangId.
With a dropdownlist I could define what language I want to serve.
And what I found useful was the ability to copy from one language to another wia the dropdown lists.
I soon found that to copy via Google Translator gave me a lot of automatix to the new text (not 100% translaton, but very much the near).
Could this be a good solution?
I would be happy to contribute with my code if you want to.
15 anos atrás
Send us your solution! And we'll review it. Thank you!
15 anos atrás
Hi All,
I think you should separate every thing (products, categories, poll, etc ...) to be different for each language and the store admin should insert the data at least in one language(default). and if he didn't insert the data in other languages, the data will appear in default language for end user.

Thanks
Qais Afaneh
15 anos atrás
I fully agree with that! To solve that the tables needs to have a LaguageId as a keyfield as well.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.