View only site

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 anos atrás
I recently found nopCommerce and started playing around with it and just love the easy to use Admin side and the simple and uncomplicated shop front.
Just a question, has anyone tried implementing a view only site using nopCommerce?
I was looking at using it to build a car sales site which obviously you don't have people buying one online with a shopping cart, well the average person anyway.
I have added products with the no buy feature but to remove the shopping cart I have done a few edits to remove the links etc so basically a customer can't see the cart and register etc but was wondering if there are any places that can be back doored and some can end up seeing a buy now etc feature.
I have modified the user login.aspx to a simple "Not allowed" message but still allowing a admin login but just concerned if anyone can find a page (with a little knowledge) that would allow them to register/login?

But if anyone has implemented a view only site it would be interesting to hear about your findings, follys and tips.

Cheers,
Jason
14 anos atrás
administration/global settings/other
Check off "new customer registration not allowed"

Chad
14 anos atrás
Hi lakiwi,

I am also interested in a view only catalog site.  Were you able to disable and not show any add to cart buttons and shopping cart?

Regards

mike
14 anos atrás
I found that commenting out items in the header.ascx is the easiest way to disable the shopping cart feature.  You still have to mark all your products as no buy now feature, so that you don't get the add to cart buttons but otherwise I have a view only site with out much fuss.

In the header.ascx look for the sections:
<!-- Remove registration
                        <li><a href="<%=Page.ResolveUrl("~/Register.aspx")%>" class="ico-register">
                            <%=GetLocaleResourceString("Account.Register")%></a></li>
                        <li><a href="<%=Page.ResolveUrl("~/Login.aspx")%>" class="ico-login">
                            <%=GetLocaleResourceString("Account.Login")%></a></li>
/!-->

<!-- Remove cart
                <li><a href="<%=Page.ResolveUrl("~/ShoppingCart.aspx")%>" class="ico-cart">
                    <%=GetLocaleResourceString("Account.ShoppingCart")%>
                </a><a href="<%=Page.ResolveUrl("~/ShoppingCart.aspx")%>">(<%=ShoppingCartManager.GetCurrentShoppingCart(ShoppingCartTypeEnum.ShoppingCart).Count%>)</a>
                </li>
/!-->

Also in the headermenu.ascx
<!-- Remove user account details
        <li><a href="<%=Page.ResolveUrl("~/Account.aspx")%>">
            <%=GetLocaleResourceString("Account.MyAccount")%></a> </li>
/!-->

If you don't want the news subscription look at commenting out the code in NewsLetterSubscriptionBoxControl.ascx and its cs file.

That hides the majority of options without having to do to much hacking into code.  Rember this still leaves all the pages that this accesses in place so technically a user could stumble on a register/login page so set you admin options to No user registration etc (after you create the users you need)  so they can't create an account and start buying.

Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Jason
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.