POS Integration

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 anos atrás
I'm looking at this solution for a downtown C-Store:  An order could be for delivery or pickup.

I have MS Dynamics POS that uses SQL Express 2005.  I would like to export data from it to nopCommerce.   I have complete access to all of the data and can do it either programmatically or using files.

I'm looking for any insight at all:
- Is there any utility that does this now?
- Are there any docs that would provide rules?  Mappings?

More generally:  Are there any best practices for extending the software?

Thanks!
14 anos atrás
Hi, it's looks to me like nobody knows what to do, apart from the core team,
most of the guys here are webbies and graphics dudes.

I suggest you create a set of web services that read the backend database.
These will allow you to integrate directly where you need to, the core backend system.
You should consider using TRIGGERS on the database to respond to payments.
This is the ONLY ablsolute guarantee you have that a transaction has successfully
been completed.
i.e. the data is safely in the database.

I have tried to find some Best Practice guidelines and found very little.
Most of the discussions are about how to make it look pretty!
14 anos atrás
I don' t use MS Dynamic but I believe Dynamic SDK provides a way to collect data from the CRM system. Once you have the data, you can transfer them into nop using set of classes in the business logic layer. It is not wise to append data directly in to SQL.

Hien
14 anos atrás
Are you looking for complete automation or Import/Export crap?
I also have dynamics pos, and somewhat familiar with it. Although I still could not connect to mspos db from sql server query analyzer, not sure what credentials to use.
I am pretty sure core team don't have anything out of the box so you would need to write something.
I am not familiar steps you need to take in mspos to post a sale from outside, I guess you could run a SQL Profiler and see what exectues when you do actual sale.
Or perhaps you can do something more simple and just sync inventory, ie, when something is sold in pos, you want to decrease an inventory in NOP and other way around.
So there few ways to integrate. Lets discuss this topic further.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.