Visual Studio 2010 Express

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 anos atrás
I have just tested this in 2010.  Compiling your solution for the first time after converting it to the 2010 format...had to in order to open the solution...anyway produced about 130 errors and 80 some warnings.  I decided to chug ahead and get the database setup.  After following the setup instructions I was able to get the store loaded up with the sample data.  My worry is that this converted solution is not going to be stable enough to pitch to clients.   If I debug I get the same 130 errors and 80 some warnings and revert to last known good build to open default.aspx.  I do have Visual Studio 2008.  Should I build the project on the old platform or do you intend to release a newer version for 2010.  

The layout looks great and full of possibilites...I just dont want to get started with 2010 and run into code nightmares down the road.
14 anos atrás
i've been using 2010beta  for 4 months and yes, is displays a lot or warnings (but no errors unless i do something wrong)

did you download from codeplex or from the nopcommerce site?  use the nopcommerce download

[url] https://www.nopcommerce.com/downloads.aspx [/url]
14 anos atrás
same here. using 2010 Beta and RC.
check if your projects are using the Client profile (default in vs 2010) instead of the full Framework. that could cause these errors.
14 anos atrás
Error  128  Metadata file 'C:\Downloads\nopCommerce_1_5\nopCommerce_1.50\Payment\Nop.Payment.Manual\bin\Debug\Nop.Payment.Manual.dll' could not be found  NopCommerceStore

There's 50 of these errors showing that the dll's are missing.  I'm using the latest Visual Studio Express Release so its not a beta.  I'll check on the default user but I don't think that's the issue.  Files are just missing.  I downloaded the project from NopCommerce website.  Will look into this tonight.  None of the projects contain bin folders that seem to be referenced in the error.
14 anos atrás
Here's another example of a partial list of the dll problems.  This is day 1 so you can expect other users I would think to experience this problem right off the bat.  

Error  183  Metadata file 'C:\Downloads\nopCommerce_1_5\nopCommerce_1.50\Payment\Nop.Payment.PayJunction\bin\Debug\Nop.Payment.PayJunction.dll' could not be found  NopCommerceStore
Error  184  Metadata file 'C:\Downloads\nopCommerce_1_5\nopCommerce_1.50\Payment\Nop.Payment.SecurePay\bin\Debug\Nop.Payment.SecurePay.dll' could not be found  NopCommerceStore
Error  185  Metadata file 'C:\Downloads\nopCommerce_1_5\nopCommerce_1.50\Payment\Nop.Payment.iDeal\bin\Debug\Nop.Payment.iDeal.dll' could not be found  NopCommerceStore
Error  186  Metadata file 'C:\Downloads\nopCommerce_1_5\nopCommerce_1.50\Shipping\Nop.Shipping.UPS\bin\Debug\Nop.Shipping.UPS.dll' could not be found  NopCommerceStore
Error  187  Metadata file 'C:\Downloads\nopCommerce_1_5\nopCommerce_1.50\Payment\Nop.Payment.USAePay\bin\Debug\Nop.Payment.USAePay.dll' could not be found  NopCommerceStore
Error  188  Metadata file 'C:\Downloads\nopCommerce_1_5\nopCommerce_1.50\Tax\Nop.Tax.StrikeIron\bin\Debug\Nop.Tax.StrikeIron.dll' could not be found  NopCommerceStore
Error  189  Metadata file 'C:\Downloads\nopCommerce_1_5\nopCommerce_1.50\Payment\Nop.Payment.PayPal\bin\Debug\Nop.Payment.PayPal.dll' could not be found  NopCommerceStore
Error  190  Metadata file 'C:\Downloads\nopCommerce_1_5\nopCommerce_1.50\Payment\Nop.Payment.eWay\bin\Debug\Nop.Payment.eWay.dll' could not be found  NopCommerceStore
Error  191  Metadata file 'C:\Downloads\nopCommerce_1_5\nopCommerce_1.50\Libraries\Nop.Froogle\bin\Debug\Nop.Froogle.dll' could not be found  NopCommerceStore
Error  192  Metadata file 'C:\Downloads\nopCommerce_1_5\nopCommerce_1.50\Payment\Nop.Payment.Manual\bin\Debug\Nop.Payment.Manual.dll' could not be found  NopCommerceStore
Error  193  Metadata file 'C:\Downloads\nopCommerce_1_5\nopCommerce_1.50\Shipping\Nop.Shipping.FixedRateShipping\bin\Debug\Nop.Shipping.FixedRateShipping.dll' could not be found  NopCommerceStore
14 anos atrás
Solution Folders are not available for this version of Visual Studio Express.  Solution folder Dependencies will be labeled as unavailable which I believe is the culpret.  What a bummer.

Payment
Shipping
Tax
Libraries

Other folders that are labeled unavailable.  I guess I can manually add the dependencies and move the folders into each project.  What a hassle though.
14 anos atrás
I could be wrong but I do not think you can use the Express version.

Why not try VS2010 Trial (90 days) or RTM seeing you have VS2008 (presume Pro).

Never used express versions as they are limited as to what they can do.

See haydie's comment about warnings but NO errors using 2010 RC.
14 anos atrás
None of the VS Express editions will work.  There is no VS Express 2010.  Latest is 2008.
14 anos atrás
Sorry that was supposed to be Visual Studio Web Developer 2010.  The whole point was to go with a platform that was free but it didn't work out.  Bummer
14 anos atrás
Downloaded the new Studio 2010 RC Full Version and have the site up and running...just to follow up and say that it works.  I'm very impressed and the effort you have put into this.  Gonna start by reading the manual.  :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.