NopCommerce website exchanging data with local application having NopCommerce database and using nopcommerce engine - please help in ideas

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 anos atrás
Hello,

I am having a case and need your ideas, i still didn't implement any thing unless i solved all the problems.

the case:

Their will be a NopCommerce website for selling online,
and their will be another application installed on desktop that uses Nop Libraries and nop database (locally) to get benefit from the business login.

the products, setup ,... will be done on the website.
on the client application the products , currencies,... should be synced to the local database which is same as NopCommerce db.
the stock should be managed on the website, and the orders created on the application (offline) should be synced to the website, without losing the serialization of the orders

i need your input please

Thanks
8 anos atrás
Hello,

If I understand correctly, you have a nopCommerce shop, online, ans also you have an offline descktop application, with a local database (identical database schema as nopCommerce).

And the task is to keep the databases syncronized.

This is obviously not possible without custom code, but the key here is to write the custom code in a way that will allow you in the future to easily update nopCommerce, as new versions roll out.

So:

1) When you update the local database, using the descktop software, it is relatively easy to sync with the online database, because nopCommerce comes with a Misc plugin (miscellaneous) which is basically a SOAP endpoing, with WSDL and a basic contract developed. You can expand that plugin, and use the web service to make calls like UpdateProduct, UpdateCustomer etc, from the descktop application.

2) The more difficult task is to make the sync the other way arround, so when you update the database from the website, you need to make additional calls, in order to update your other database, the one used by the descktop app. You should do some research to see if you could write a plugin that handles the Update/Register event (kind of like additional code to be executed after the core one). If not you will have to dig in to the source code - as advice, if you make any changes there, keep everything really well documented - this way you can make the modifications again when you want to update the nopCommerce version.

Hope this helps.

Best regards
8 anos atrás
Thank you for your ideas,

I think NopCommerce primary key are only based on incremental ID , which make it hard to integrate offline systems with Nop,

for example if you have an offline system that doing orders and you want to sync those orders to nopcommerce keeping the serialization you can not, which means you need to work online on one central database.

i think to solve this for the same store their should be multi channels with independent serialization or range of serials

any body has an idea?

thanks
8 anos atrás
Does the sync need to happen in real time?  Does the offline desktop client have to be involved in the sync process?  I would say you could use SSIS to just keep the 2 databases in sync.

Another option could be in your online database you could setup triggers (or change tracking) and then just have you desktop client query that table to see what changes have happened and then sync those to the offline database.

Does that help at all?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.