Mysterious error while connecting to SQL Express database with SA user

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 anos atrás
Hi,

my name is Daniel and i am trying to install nopCommerce on my local computer.

I installed SQL Server Express and the SQL Server Management Studio.

The installation of nopCommerce (Microsoft Webplatform Install) is running well, until I want to connect to my SQL database using the build in "sa" user.

Before I started the installation, (I think i started it about 15 times right now), I run the SQL Server Management Studio and connect to the database (localhost\SQLExpress) and make sure the SA account is working.

The first time I connected to the database I had to enable the SQL Server-Authentication in the settings of the database. So this cannot be the error. (yes, I restarted the SQL Service, and I also restarted my computer after that)

The user account "sa" is activated, the SQL-Server-Authentication is also activated and I used a strong password. I also checked if the correct database server (localhost) is selected in the settings of the Microsoft Webplatform Installer

But still the same error after the installation-step of nopcommerce...It says that my password for the user sa is wrong, or there was an error while connecting to the database.

Has somebody an idea what I am doing wrong?

Is it possible to change the user which is used to connect to the database?

(I am from germany and I installed it in german language, so I cannot quote u the exact error message ;) )

Thanks for your help,

Daniel
7 anos atrás
RE: "error after the installation"
"after" or during?

Put the whole error message through Google Translate , and then post here.

You can also try install with "Use integrated Windows Authentication"
7 anos atrás
New York wrote:
RE: "error after the installation"
"after" or during?

Put the whole error message through Google Translate , and then post here.

You can also try install with "Use integrated Windows Authentication"

Where can I change the settings to install it with Integrated Windows Authentication?

During the installation process of Microsoft Webplatform Installer.
It is separated in 3 steps:
1) Install
2) Configure  
3) Complete

Directly after the first step (Install), it try to connect to the database, and there the error message will be thrown.

Here is the Google Translation of the error message:

The password for the user account "sa" is invalid or has led to a failure to connect to the database server

Thanks for your fast answer!
7 anos atrás
[email protected] wrote:

Where can I change the settings to install it with Integrated Windows Authentication?

During the installation process of Microsoft Webplatform Installer.
It is separated in 3 steps:
1) Install
2) Configure  
3) Complete

Directly after the first step (Install), it try to connect to the database, and there the error message will be thrown.

Here is the Google Translation of the error message:

The password for the user account "sa" is invalid or has led to a failure to connect to the database server

Thanks for your fast answer!

Please see this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18439367/dotnetnuke-the-specified-password-for-user-account-sa-is-not-valid

For connection string (if you want to change the server info to "Integrated Windows Authentication"), go to:
Presentation/App_Data/Settings.txt

If you wish to install nopCommerce via Integrated Windows Authentication, simply re-install nopCommerce on your local machine.
7 anos atrás
Thanks for your help.

Now I tried to install it by the WebMatrix and it works!

Open the WebMatrix and select the nopcommerce installation package from the cataloge (make sure you use administrator mode )

I have not tried your solution now, I will try it today evening and tell you if it works.
7 anos atrás
[email protected] wrote:
Thanks for your help.

Now I tried to install it by the WebMatrix and it works!

Good to hear that it is working for you now :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.