nopCommerce 3.8 and Canada Post Plug in Error

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 anos atrás
RomanovM wrote:
Hi.
In 3.8 version we use new Canada Post Web Services in our plugin that's why there may be differences.
To fix the second error just use postal codes without spaces, e.g. L4S2G1.

Hi Romano & Andrei,

Its very uncommon for us (Canadians) to have no space in postal codes. More often than not, we write postal codes as 3 characters, space, final 3 characters.  The User issue here is the error the buyer gets is misleading to them...they believe the checkout process is broken. The majority of Canadian buyers that are trying to select Canada Post would get an error (the last thing you want to happen in a checkout process).
Anyway, I back-ported your 3.9 version to my 3.8 codebase and made 2 more additional minor modifications. Can you please make them in the core code. As this change is so small, its overkill for me to branch and do a pull on git.

CanadaPostComputationMethod.cs
Line 180 postalcode = getShippingOptionRequest.ShippingAddress.ZipPostalCode.Replace(" ", "")
Line 195 originpostalcode = getShippingOptionRequest.ZipPostalCodeFrom.Replace(" ", ""),

This very simple change will remove any bumps for folks checking out with Canada Post.

Thanks
Chuck
7 anos atrás
Hi, Chuck.
Thanks for the your contribution. We have fixed it now. You can see the changes in this commit.
7 anos atrás
Does this work for for version 3.9?
7 anos atrás
According to the commit link above, it was done in the 3.90 version.
7 anos atrás
That is awesome. Thank you. I will try to upgrade and see how it goes.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.