Feature request: Option for shipment tracking and tracking URL

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 anos atrás
If the courier/shipping company have a tracking URL, it would be great to have that selected with a token for tracking number.

For example, when you set the shipping information like tracking, also provide a drop-down to select shipping company.

This would allow to have a URL+tracking number which will create a full link for customers to click and find/track their shipments.

Showing just tracking number is not very good experience.

http://shipping-company-tracking-url.com?id={0}
where {0} is the tracking number we add.
7 anos atrás
What shipping provide are you using?

I'm asking because it's already supported for some of them. For example, each shipping provider (IShippingRateComputationMethod) has "ShipmentTracker" property. It has "GetUrl" method which is used to generate tracking URL.

P.S. Although it's not just a text input
7 anos atrás
I am using manually since shipping is a bit complicated and not everyone has API interface for integration.
7 anos atrás
What do you mean by "manual"? "Shipping by weight" or "Fixed Rate Shipping"?

1. In this case you can open an appropriate provide class FixedRateShippingComputationMethod.cs or ByWeightShippingComputationMethod.cs
2. Find its "ShipmentTracker" property
3. Uncomment the following line of code:
return new GeneralShipmentTracker(EngineContext.Current.Resolve<ITypeFinder>());
4. Open \Nop.Services\Shipping\Tracking\GeneralShipmentTracker.cs file and return your shipping company URL in the "GetUrl" method
7 anos atrás
All products have free shipping so we don't need to use specific criteria so I am using fixed rate option (future we will have these)

I will check the code portion to see what can be done.
7 anos atrás
a.m. wrote:

1. In this case you can open an appropriate provide class FixedRateShippingComputationMethod.cs or ByWeightShippingComputationMethod.cs
return new GeneralShipmentTracker(EngineContext.Current.Resolve<ITypeFinder>());
4. Open \Nop.Services\Shipping\Tracking\GeneralShipmentTracker.cs file and return your shipping company URL in the "GetUrl" method

I am thinking more like the following implementation
(if I decide to start writing code, I am ok with writing a new plugin too)

In shipment details page...
Select Courier => New drop-downlist option [according to selection, only for tracking URL]
Set Tracking Number => Existing option [This combined with above URL will form the full tracking URL]

Can you suggest what is the best way to go about with this?
I might have 2 or 3 shipping companies, depending on location, item etc... manually selected while shipping.

Should I make a new Plugin for each of these shipping companies? since only change would be the URL?
But if this is the correct route to take, I am fine with it.

What should be the starting point?
FixedRateShipping Plugin?

If tracking number text field supported HTML, I would have gone the easy route to just write a anchor tag without getting my hands dirty with writing code :)

(I am trying to be a business guy and stay away from writing code unless required) :)

Thank you so much for your help.
6 anos atrás
a.m. wrote:

Thanks for this suggestion! I did the above and it works for shipment details. I am running 3.90 and I can get a good tracking URL in the shipment details "orderdetails/shipment/" url. However, in the previous "main" order details screen "orderdetails/" url, all the listed tracking numbers are not links. Did I miss something?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.