www.mydomain.com working but mydomain.com is requesting a login...any idea why?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 anos atrás
so, I've got a nopCommerce site at www.mydomain.com (using that as an example)

However, when I strip off the www part, and just go to mydomain.com, I automatically get redirected to mydomain.com/login?ReturnUrl=%2f

Any idea what is happening here? Feels like a configuration issue, but, I don't know what.

Thanks!
7 anos atrás
Chances are www version are not pointing to the same instance as non-www version. Need a check to find out the real reason though, it all depends on how your site is setup. :)
7 anos atrás
Thanks for the reply.

There is only 1 IIS site and only 1 nopCommerce store in this instance.

What should I look at?

I feel like I'm just missing a checkbox or a configuration option somewhere in nopCommerce.
7 anos atrás
Ok, so I just realized something.

If I use a browser where I am not logged in (I've gotten used to admin'ing the site). I'm always redirected to the login page.

So, nopCommerce is somehow requiring an account just to browse the site.

Is this a nopCommerce setting? or a Forms authentication setting in the web.config?

Thanks!
7 anos atrás
ok, to add even a bit more confusion to this.

Authentication is only required on "/" and "/admin".

An anon user can browse the rest of the site (for example the products, without logging in).

But, a login is required to browse the home page.
7 anos atrás
I just cannot find a setting that would require an account to view the home page.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
7 anos atrás
if anyone else runs into this, here is the problem.

I had a custom plugin, and the controller was decorated [AdminAuthorize]. Once that was removed, it fixed the problem.

Took longer to realize it was the plug-in, than to fix it.
7 anos atrás
Okay, haha. If it's a custom plugin, then only you can spot the problem. :D
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.