Adding Second Store - Move Products, Topics, etc via DB update Not Working

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 anos atrás
We are adding a second store to our nop 3.8 instance. When we had only one store, we never limited any of these items to a store. But now we want to in batch. If we do this via the database directly, by adding the records to the StoreMapping table for all the products, topics, etc, for the first store, those items are still showing in the second store. And yes, we did do a Clear Cache from the admin menu, and we do have the ignore store limit setting turned off. And if we do the store limiting via the UI in the Admin menu, that does work and those products, topics, etc do not show up in the second store as we want.

We haven't tried restarting the application yet, as the first store is live and busy at the moment.

From looking at the code, it seems this store mapping table and the cache are the only things being changed when you limit by store. Or am I missing something?
7 anos atrás
Well...the product table actually contains the "LimitedToStores" column...it must be set to true on those products or else the StoreMapping table never enters the picture...
7 anos atrás
Hot Damn! Thanks man.

embryo wrote:
Well...the product table actually contains the "LimitedToStores" column...it must be set to true on those products or else the StoreMapping table never enters the picture...
7 anos atrás
No problem!

By the way, it is good practice to up-vote any post that helps you by clicking the little arrow icon above the number to the right of the post..(usually a zero). This gives Karma points to the person who helped you. I need all the Karma I can get ;-)
7 anos atrás
Yes, thanks for reminding me, I up voted your answer. I am a frequent user of StackOverflow.com, which has (if not originated) that concept and do it there. I think on this site, it is a little harder to remember to do it because the voting is on the right side, rather than on the left side of screen like it is on StackOverflow, which makes if more prominent for us left to right language users.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.